Droid Razr or iPhone 4S?

arniep36

Reaction score
I will be getting a new phone this month. Siri intrigues me, but the Razr is faster. Still can't decide between these two. Any opinions?

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I want Droid Razr because I can't afford to buy iphone 4s at the moment. I have seen Droid Razr at 75 % discount on amazon.com but they don't ship it to India. I am looking for some way where i can get that phone shipped to india without having a contract with verizon mobile.

unlimitedphoenix23

Reaction score
The iPhone 4S isn't worth it, really. If anything, I'd wait until the iPhone 5 comes out in the summer of 2012. I'm not too sure about the new Razr's specs but I'm sure they're decent. I'd still wait until the i5 comes out. It'll be worth jailbreaking and the specs on the phone will be a LOT better than the 4S.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Why would you want anything with the name Razr near it? No matter what they do to the phone - the name will always mean "over used, over sold phone to teenagers between 13 and 15"

arniep36

Reaction score
I want Droid Razr because I can't afford to buy iphone 4s at the moment. I have seen Droid Razr at 75 % discount on amazon.com but they don't ship it to India. I am looking for some way where i can get that phone shipped to india without having a contract with verizon mobile.

Well, considering I am the only person without a smartphone right now, I am not waiting until next year. :)

prstava50

Reaction score
I too was recently deciding between the 4S or the Razr. On Verizon, they had a deal to double your data (ex. 4 GB for 2 GB price). This deal is only valid on phones that are 4G network compatible.

For me, it came down to 4S is not 4G compatible, so for the same plan $, I would get half the data. So I went with the Razr.

But that will not be true for everyone. Perhaps you have a different provider, or maybe you are still grandfathered into a better data plan, like unlimited data. I was not, so my decision was easy.

Final notes: the best thing that I love about the Droid Razr: the built-in HMDI port. I also bought the HD Docking station. It has full size USB ports, allowing you to use a standard keyboard and mouse.

The worst thing - the case has to be removed before inserting into the HD Dock. I searched and have not found a case that would solve this issue yet.

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Why would you buy an iPhone 4S when you can get an iPhone 4 for cheaper, anyway? Personally, I'm happy with my old school not-smart dumbphone.

arniep36

Reaction score
Why would you buy an iPhone 4S when you can get an iPhone 4 for cheaper, anyway? Personally, I'm happy with my old school not-smart dumbphone.

Because of Siri. For long(70 minute) commutes, it can read my e-mails to me, dictate my responses, give me traffic updates, download podcasts etc, all by voice command. This is a game changer. So it reallly comes down to Siri vs 4G.