Edit With Sitebuilder Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

colorx10

Reaction score
I logged into my account and over to the right where it always says to edit with sitebuilder, is gone. it just says remove website and thats it. how do i get it back?

mandrfot

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I created my site on Saturday, so it's only been around for 3 days. Yesterday afternoon, my option to edit with Sitebuilder was gone. I noticed by website is also now flagged as a "custom website". I tried some old bookmarks, and got in to Sitebuilder again, but now whenever I try to publish I get an error that 1 directory or another "cannot be created". Something happened (maybe something I clicked that I wasn't supposed to) and now my site no longer thinks it's a sitebuilder site. Also, it's interesting that I cannot create a new site either. If I click to create a new site, I get a "this page cannot be displayed" message.

superma9

Reaction score
Hey x10 Hosting, I'm number three with this problem. I have a site already running.
I was editing my second site, but it went 'A-wall' with the Edit button for Sitebuilder.
I was editing my site, saved it and ...since yesterday no more 'Edit With SiteBuilder"
button to be seen.
Can You Guys Fix this? It's for my l301.tk site. It's not published. I actually deleted what I had saved, thought
it was another simple 'glitch' x10 sometimes gets.
But...still nothing. I get the same sign 'Custom Site' Did you guys 'Update' your preferences to
your website editing?

mandrfot

Reaction score
For testing/troubleshooting purposes, I just now signed up for a new/second account and created a brand new page using the Sitebuilder option. There seems to be overwhelming evidence that something is wrong with sitebuilder right now. My new website can be seen at http://thebestofus.x10host.com/. There is nothing in that site - it's just an empty shell with no reference to sitebuilder and the "edit with sitebuilder" link is not there either in the main "My Websites" page. I think something in sitebuilder is broken on their end.

colorx10

Reaction score
So other people are having this problem besides me? i dont know what to do find someplace else to go or wait. this is a business website, free or not still a business site. They shouldnt make such big mistakes.

mandrfot

Reaction score
So, I seem to be learning a little, at least. My "test" site (which was supposed to be built using sitebuilder) was flagged as a "custom" website (apparently the scripts or whatever that were supposed to build it as a sitebuilder failed to execute when the site was created and cannot be run after the fact). And apparently no website flagged as "custom" can use sitebuilder. I did create a new sub domain, and I was able to attach sitebuilder to that sub domain. So, that lead to me think that maybe new sites can now at least be created using the scripts to attach sitebuilder, but that still doesn't help those of us that had sitebuilder websites that seem to now have been corrupted to be flagged as "custom" and no longer talk to sitebuilder. :( Not sure what's going to happen with that. I can't recreate my site every 3 days.

mandrfot

Reaction score
OK, I'm continuing to learn. Once you log in (https://x10hosting.com/sso/login), you should have a switch theme button in the upper right corner. This appears to allow you to switch the theme of the cPanel website (this doesn't affect the theme of your actual website). Mine was switched to x3, and it gave me a lot more information about my site, such as the fact that I was over my memory limit. Apparently new accounts are capped at 512MB. I think the tech person I e-mailed maybe switched my theme for me - for which I am grateful and want to give him a shout-out. the X3 theme is much more useful than the Basic. He requested that I post on here and request for my limit to be increased. In any event, at least now I have a fighting chance. I almost doubled my memory limit, so if the powers that be are listening and I can get an increase, I would appreciate it! Thanks again! For those still having problems - try switching your theme to x3 and see if that dashboard view provides any clues about potential problems with your sites.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Thank you for reporting this. It appears that site builder websites are not being properly listed on the x10Hosting Basic theme, if the site is hosted directly on your main domain name. I have forwarded this issue to our Management Team, but in the meantime, you should still be able to edit your site from the cPanel x3 theme, as @mandrfot suggested. :)

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you,

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

This has been resolved by our Management Team. Please could you check again now? :)

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.