Editing Database using Third Party Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

csccox10

Reaction score
Hi!! I have a game in the works and I want to use the mySQL database to store some simple information ( floats, ints, strings ) for my game. It's not a server for a different game or anything, all content was created by me! I was wondering if you do require a premium account to do this, because my game was able to detect the php scripts i have added, But throws me this error upon initialization despite the fact that permissions are enabled for everything!

<h1>Forbidden</h1>
<p>You don't have permission to access /createdatabase.php
on this server.

It was really hard to even find a web host that would allow me to do this, so if it means I have to spend a little money I'm 100 percent A ok on that so long as it works!

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi csccox10,

Currently I receive a 404 Not Found error message when I navigate to createdatabase.php on your account, even though it exists. This is because our security module, mod_security, is blocking the request, and faking a 404 instead of serving the response. This is due to an error in your MySQL syntax, and mod_security believes that serving a 404 error message could potentially protect your account's security.

I've manually run your script and pasted the error message below, so that you can see what's happening:
MySQL error 1064 (You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '

PRIMARY KEY (`id`)

) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 COMMENT='Crea' at line 3)
<br>When executing <br>

CREATE TABLE `accounts` (
`id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`` ,

PRIMARY KEY (`id`)

) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 COMMENT='Created by AccountSystem' AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;

Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Thank you,

csccox10

Reaction score
Nope, I'm still getting the same errors despite re-adding the php scripts. They've worked on another web host, so it can't be them. If I have to buy a subscription then so be it. I'd just like to know if that's all I have to do.

caftpx10

Reaction score
I would use that SQL query in phpMyAdmin, try to correct the syntax errors and then try running it in the script.

csccox10

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to correct the errors because I've never had an error before. Like I said with a different webhost i've used, everything worked perfectly and I used it for a long time. Nothing has changed in the scripts since then, it's just failing to access the database or whatever weird error i'm getting with the createdatabase.php.

I'll try setting up a table in phpMyAdmin manually and see what happens.

caftpx10

Reaction score
It could be either a bug, a (up/down)grade in the SQL server (structure) or.. something else.
I'm no pro with these type of queries (even though I understand what it's doing). :p

csccox10

Reaction score
It worked!! I imported my old database information and I'm able to upload and download information again. I guess I solved my own problem :0

Status
Not open for further replies.