Edits to my site not showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingleyhythe

Reaction score
From looking at other threads it looks like this is a quite common problem at the moment - I can make edits in DirectAdmin but they do not show up on the actual site. I assume this is to do with the migration and something needs fixing at the X10 end.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If the server is setup correctly, the path to your files is like this.
from the file manager, go to /domains/your_domain/public_html/
That is where your files need to be.

smallmom

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I have been putting everything into the public_html file but nothing has been changing on the site since mid-January.

dingleyhythe

Reaction score
As smallmom says the files are in the correct place but recent updates don't show on the site, this includes edits made inside existing pages as well as additional files. It looks like the site is getting its files from a backup taken some time in January (or pointing to a different server to DirectAdmin).

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have your own personal domain? If so does it use our nameservers?

If the answer to the first is yes and the next is no, you would need to manually update the A record to point towards the new server of your account.

smallmom

Reaction score
I logged into my google domain account and the DNS is set to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com, which is still the same thing coming up in my DNS manager in DirectAdmin.

dingleyhythe

Reaction score
I do have two domains (.co.uk and .com versions of the site name) that forward (via webfwd.daily.co.uk) to the X10 site but this should not be affecting the server the .x10host.com address resolves to. Or should it? Checking via Tracert it looks like my site is going to server 03 when it should be going to 12. My very limited understanding of how this stuff works is pretty much exhausted now!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You are absolutely right, those settings should not affect how the x10host.com domain behaves. I did try a quick fix but that appears to not have worked as well as I hoped so I forwarded this to the expert.

The same applies to both of you btw (reason I asked about personal domains is that has so far been the most common reason for content not showing up as expected).

smallmom

Reaction score
Updating the website does seem resolved, but now any emails being sent to be are getting bounced back with "Your message wasn't delivered to xxxx.com because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail." I checked the inbox and the last thing received was at 8:00PM ET on Thursday night.

Edit: It appears that all of my alias email addresses are not working. I am able to send out emails, but cannot receive anything now.

I tried "Set up email forwarding with custom name servers" but cannot add the MX records as the Google Domains help suggests.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.