Elite Model Automobiles

Jrule

Reaction score
Hi, Could you possible spare five minutes to look at my site please?

It's http://www.elitemodelautomobiles.co.uk

At the moment though, It seems that I and a few others cannot access the site, so I'm going to request for a ticket. and see what happens

I'll update this once it's sorted

JR
Edit:
It's on now, I think that x10 was doing something to the server. Who knows lol

Last edited:

vol7ron

Reaction score
It's a Joomla site with no content. What do you want people to say?

Jrule

Reaction score
It's a Joomla site with no content. What do you want people to say?

Granted. It's a new site, but the Products are up there, under shop.

I should've mentioned that, lol

Last edited:

vol7ron

Reaction score
There are not enough images and the categories are too spaced out from the shop link. Lots of work to be done.

Last edited:

Jrule

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. I've lost my rag with Joomla, and PHP. It just makes my brain melt. :-S... So a html website is the works as we speak, and that'll be up between now and.... umm... I month probably.

But Thanks V for your comments.

@all: And this thread is still open to anyone who would like post about my site.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You have the default Joomla! template with no content and only thing that people can see is your shop. How on earth do you think you'll sell something like that :nuts: You have to convince people to buy your products the moment they enter your site.

Web site, for people like you, should be a free advertising space. If you can't afford to advertise elsewhere you have to advertise on your own site. Without that I don't see the purpose of your site :dunno:

Jrule

Reaction score
A.) It's not my site :D tehe. I'm building it for a client, and today he's given me to text to pop up on the site, I'm going to upload it to the NEW site, and release all of it in one go.

B.) I HATE PHP!!! I melts my brain.

C.) Also, it is a modified Default Joomla! theme. But thank you for noticing.

The way you wrote your post, along with the smilies, it comes across abit offensive, and it looks like you are a bit "up yourself", Although I don't think that you are. I'm

P.S. I've tried looking on your site levi. and I can't access it. Just thought that you like to know.

rahulkhatri

Reaction score
its not eye-catching
customers will see the homepage and close it

seriously,first impression is the last impression

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Sorry :happysad: I didn't mean to sound offensive. I just wanted to make you think seriously about what I said. Sorry again :happysad:

As for my site, it's on absolute server and I think there are some problems with it right know. It's all up to x10 stuff so I don't really care much (cos I can't do anything about it). It's working know.

frankfriend

Reaction score
The site looks`empty, and semi started.
These words are plurals, not singular items
We only accept Cheques or postal orders in British Pounds....
Put in pictures - you won't sell much without them
What are the qualities of the models which are reasons for me to buy them?

Jrule

Reaction score
Good Questions FF. To answer them, the site is empty and is semi started, that is true. However a redesign is under way so I'll notify you when that's up.

And your completely right about those words. I was probably not thinking when I wrote that bit.

Pictures are slowly going up. I'm having to take them in batches becuase of the client being fussy about it.

And the quantity is something that I do not know. And probably nor does my client.

Oh and if you want a sneak preview of the new design, then go to this site:

http://modelautomobiles.x10hosting.com/New_Site/

frankfriend

Reaction score
Hi,

The new site is much better. Of course you need to add all the pictures. Could you make the pictures larger?
order still has no s!
Can you get and include a map of the location of the shop?

Jrule

Reaction score
Hi,

The new site is much better. Of course you need to add all the pictures. Could you make the pictures larger?
order still has no s!
Can you get and include a map of the location of the shop?

The Images enlarge when you click them, I've updated the pages that say that.

With the Map. I'm going to look into that.

Some Pages won't have pictures. Clients choice not mine. and I've looked on every page of the site. and I've found no 'orders' words on it. So I'm not sure what your on about.
Edit:
Update: Maps and Diecast Misc up

Last edited:

nightbandit

Reaction score
I haven't read any of your content, but your layout looks pretty good. Though you need some more pictures. I can only access the homepage and I'm assuming you haven't made the others yet. Also it'd be nice to have a rollover effect on your nav bar.

Good job, looks professional.

Jrule

Reaction score
I've made the other pages. Except the ones which say Coming Soon next to it. And Pictures are up soon.

frankfriend

Reaction score
We only accept Cheques, Cash or postal order in British Pounds.

Try the search function

frankfriend

Reaction score
Hi,

Looking at the pictures:

Consider losing the back sloping italics 'Elite etc' They just look odd

Heighten the contract between the cars and the bases - especially with the red on black base , as the bases `seem to blur out the detail of the car. Perpahs put them on a white background.

Make the pictures larger - you asre selling good models - lets see them!