Email Account Not Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjogrens

Reaction score
Hello Friends,

I am very thankful to have such a talented support group to assist me with my new account.

I am having difficulty with the forwarding portion of the emailing system.

I've created a forwarder with the "+ add an account forwarder" radio button to my personal email account which is a hotmail.com account (that I have had for 25+ years).

I have attempted to send an email to my administrator account from another hotmail.com account (not the forwarder account) and waited and waited for an email to be received by my hotmail.com forwarder account, but nothing.

Could I be doing something wrong? Will x10host.com forward to hotmail.com?

I have successfully sent emails from both hotmail.com accounts to my administrator account and have successfully sent emails from my administrator account to each hotmail.com account. I know we have a good path. I just do not know what is going on with the forwarding process.

Thanks again for all the wonderful assistance you folks provide :)

Scott Lawrence

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Scott,

It appears that the emails you sent were being successfully forwarded, but our mail server was treating your test emails as spam, and failed to deliver them. Earlier, I sent an email using your PHP form (with blank fields), and it appears this email was successfully delivered. ;)

Mail Log.png

Thank you,

sjogrens

Reaction score
Hello Dead-i

Thanks for all you have done. The php file is working. The emails are forwarding. I did not realize that test emails would be considered spam. Never thought of it but makes perfect sense :)

I am going to play around with some things. The format of the message sent to the email is all bunched up. I don't know if that can be fixed or not. If it cannot be fixed, it's ok. Again many thanks my friend and remember that dinner in Myrtle Beach, SC I owe you one my friend :D

Best regards,

Scott Lawrence

caftpx10

Reaction score
In addition to the blank forms thing mentioned, you should detect if the given email is in a valid format.
To prevent this blank fields thing, I would apply trim() to the input and then do an IF statement checking if the input is NOT empty and if the input is NOT a blank space (singular). Trim() will remove the provided characters from the left and right of the provided string. By default, it removes white spaces.
For the email

Status
Not open for further replies.