Email account playing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyva

Reaction score
I'm not getting any emails that are being sent to my email account. I tried deleting my email account and recreating it but it still doesn't work. Could there still be something wrong from the server migration?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
#1 > is your "email account" on your x10hosting free-hosting account and not something like Gmail ?

#2 > IMO there is no issues at this time with Email vs. migration

#3 > some information...
Mail is one of those "forever" problems - there are a few things you can do to make sure it works (when it works) from your account - by making sure that the content is plain text (Emails with only HTML-formatted MIME mail is not allowed) and that the FROM header reflects an email address that actually exists and is associated with your hosting account (that is, one that you created in your account). Both of those restrictions are in place to reduce spam and phishing attempts; the server will silently discard HTML mails or mails with spoofed FROM headers
There can occasionally be a volume problem - it happens when you're sharing a server with a few thousand other Webmasters - occasionally the outbound queue will get stuck and needs a kick - by the Admins - to release held mail, and every once in a while somebody does something that taints the x10Hosting SMTP server's reputation, which can wind up with any mail showing signs of being routed through x10Hosting being sent straight to the spam folder, trash, or even silently discarded at the receiving end - to be clear - this isn't a problem that's unique to x10Hosting or even to free hosting in general

No external SMTP. All outgoing email must pass through x10hosting's Email server - to be scanned for spam, phishing, etc.

Outgoing mail isn't sent from the IP of your x10hosting free-hosting account - x10hosting routes everything to a Email server that scans all outgoing Emails and try's to ensure no spam gets out

Note that you must use [ \r\n ] when separating email headers - a simple [ \r ] or [ \n ] is not sufficient

jeremyva

Reaction score
No so my problem is that if I send emails from my gmail account (or any other account) to my x10hosting email account that the x10hosting account wont actually recieve the email. Gmail says that it is sent but the x10 account shows up as empty. It's been quite a while so it isn't just taking its time.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
can you use Webmail in cPanel (not x10hosting's Basic) to send from your x10hosting Email account to the same account - [ To: ] and [ From: ] the same ?

jeremyva

Reaction score
Nope
In round cube get this message:
SMTP Error (-1): Connection to server failed.

theblevi

Reaction score
I have the same problem. It seems both IMAP and SMTP are not working properly. I didn't check to see if mail was working before, but I tried installing Roundcube in the document root of my domain and later found neither that nor the Roundcube on x10's domain was working properly, so I hope I didn't break anything. I'm just waiting now. :p

Last edited:

n79zzx10

Reaction score
I, too, have been experiencing email problems (server won't connect type errors using a previously working account on Mac's email client "Mail" -- no changes). Based on the number of folks facing issues not previously faced it would appear something is amiss on the x10 side.

theblevi

Reaction score
Yeah, so I don't think my failed installation of Roundcube had anything to do with it, seeing as there is a decent number of others facing issues as well! Thanks for the free hosting service x10, and I hope this problem can be fixed soon!

Edit: I've done some troubleshooting worth noting. -- I have no error logs anywhere. I tried deleting and recreating my account, the problem persists. Neither Roundcube nor SquirrelMail are working.

SquirrelMail returns the following upon processing a send request:
"Message not sent.
Connection refused
Server replied: 111 Can't open SMTP stream."

That error is indicating either bad configuration or the specification of an SMTP server which does not exist or is offline. I assume there's a similar problem with the incoming server too. The Roundcube error seems to be synonymous with the one received from SquirrelMail too.

Here's what I'm thinking: Is DNS for the domain OK, with proper delegation and completely valid setup?

P.S. Sending mail works fine with the PHP mail() Function in my SquirrelMail (in my domain's document root), but incoming mail is just not happening. :banghead:

We need a tech on this issue soon! :whistling: My hosting is on xo1.x10hosting.com, so there's a start. :p

Last edited:

jeremyva

Reaction score
Yeah I'm on xo1.x10hosting.com too. Just got an email to my gmail account from google saying that the message could not be sent because it could not connect to x10hosting servers. Something is deffinitely wrong with the mail servers.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

It looks like exim on XO1 wasn't running properly. I've restarted exim, and I'm now able to successfully send & receive an email. Please could you verify whether this is working?

Thanks for reporting this :)

Thank you,

theblevi

Reaction score
Hi,

It looks like exim on XO1 wasn't running properly. I've restarted exim, and I'm now able to successfully send & receive an email. Please could you verify whether this is working?

Thanks for reporting this :)

Thank you,
Big thanks for fixing it! :) It probably would have been easier if I had mentioned the server name earlier than I did, but nonetheless it's good to see the issue was isolated to one server and it was simply a matter of restarting the service. I luckily had no important mail to be missed while exim was failing. Thanks again to you for the free support for our free hosting, it's extremely awesome and I'm looking forward to a premium upgrade in the future with the growth of my business :D

Status
Not open for further replies.