Email accounts not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

arytekx2

Reaction score
I have 2 email addresses on my website, but when I try to log into either of them, they say that my login is invalid. It started a little while ago.

My addresses and passwords are correct.

What's going on?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If you refer to email accounts you created in cPanel, could you please try changing their passwords through cPanel?

Also, just to confirm, you are using the full addresses including the part after @ when you login?

arytekx2

Reaction score
I've done the password change and yes, I'm including my full email including the part after @. It just started earlier. I went onto my Windows Mail and it said to update password. I put my password in and it said it was invalid. I went into my cPanel and tried and got the same thing. Changed the password and still nothing.

phantasx

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem as arytekx2. I get my email delivered to me via Thunderbird and I haven't changed my login and password the for awhile and yet it gives me invalid login. I went into cpanel and changed my password just in case and it didn't fix nothing.

Edit: I tried sending myself a test email from a gmail account and this is what I got back.

[Return Code 550] sid: KdUg1m0073h65AY01 :: No Such User Here

That's BS I have two email addresses setup on this account. And I am getting that message for both email addresses.

Last edited:

DavidB.

Reaction score
I too, can confirm that this is an issue. After the RoundCube installation on my website rejected my login, I tried logging in through cPanel, but I got the same error message.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You really should start your own threads when you run into issues, while it may seem to be the same issue as the original poster it isn't always the case. Also it makes it easier for us, the support team, to keep track of who has gotten help if you have your separate threads.

That said, in this case it is most likely the same problem, assuming that you are also on Absolut DavidB, there's no hosting account attached to the forum account you are posting from so I can't check it myself.

I will notify a higher admin with more insights to how the system works about this, as I personally never ran across it before and wouldn't want to mess things up worse by doing something wrong on the server.

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
I must submit that this is not a client side issue. The Absolut server has some "out of space" issues (according to system status on cpanel), and for most of us our email client has been working fine for weeks/months until suddenly yesterday. I am sure that DavidB, phantasx, arytekx2 have the same situation: has worked fine for a (long) time, and suddenly stopped working yesterday. The only change on our/my local computer(s) was to install a linux package on a completely different computer than the one used for email (in otherwords, not related, especially since my wife and I can still access the internet and our other non-x10 email accounts).
Thank you for escalating to the next level.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
For some reason it seem to affect only some users, some on the same server have no problems at all. So don't think the "out of space" issue is actually affecting emails, would make more sense if all was affected in that case.

I do not have an account on Absolut, so can't personally test if it would affect a newly created email account, or if it is just older ones that have the problem (or the other way around).

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Hi everyone, can you please try to access your email inboxes again and let me know the result? I found and resolved some issues with cPanel that I believe were the cause of the problem.

jjordan69

Reaction score
Hi everyone, can you please try to access your email inboxes again and let me know the result? I found and resolved some issues with cPanel that I believe were the cause of the problem.

Email is now back up for me

Status
Not open for further replies.