Email help

duduman_alex51

Reaction score
Email help phpbb3

I recently installed phpbb3 but I dont know how to set it up to send emails...and I didnt find any tutorials on thins...any help please?

Last edited:

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
What do you mean by 'send emails'? Do you mean sending registration emails, etc? Or users/admins sending emails to each other?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Many functions are available from within the Administrator's Control Panel of phpBB. To access the Administrators Control Panel, login to your forum as an administrator and click on the tiny link at the bottom of the page that says 'Administrators Control Panel'. You will be asked to reauthorize, and you will be sent to the ACP General home.

On the left hand side, under Client Communication, click on Email Settings. The only settings you really need to set is 'Enable Board-Wide Emails' to ON, and the 'Contact Email Address' and 'Return Email Address' should be set to an email account you have created in your cPanel, such as support@mydomain.x10.mx

If you wish to send a mass email, look at the top of the ACP underneath the phpBB logo, and click on the SYSTEM tab. Now, on the left hand side, click on Mass Email. You will then be given options to compose and send mass emails to different user groups/all users.

However, sending of unsolicited email (aka. spam) and Mass Email is strictly prohibited to all users of x10Hosting Services. More information in this part of the TOS. I found this in the x10Premium TOS, but I think this also applies to the free hosting too.
Terms of Service said:
Under no circumstance may any x10Hosting services be used to send unsolicited Email. Mass Emailing is strictly forbidden for any purpose without prior approval by a senior administrator. Any user found to be in violation of this policy will have their service suspended or terminated without notice. If a blacklisting occurs while an IP address is under a user's control their service will be immediately and permanently suspended.

duduman_alex51

Reaction score
I allready did that...Im pretty sure it has something to do with setting up the email from the host...and dont worry...I mearly presented the mass mail as a example...the site Im making wont need that obtion...

EDIT: When I installed phpbb3 theres whas a obtion with smtp email server (or something like that)...maybe it whas becouse of this? I need to set smtp up? And if so...how?

Last edited:

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
That's weird; I don't think SMTP settings are required. Are you testing this with your own person email account? If so, have you checked your Spam/Junk folder?

duduman_alex51

Reaction score
ofc i did...and it seems that neither smtp is working...is it yahoo issues? :| I used my host domain for the smtp settings

ps: I hate how the human verification only appears once a hour...

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm not knowledgeable in the email functionality in phpBB but try this anyway. Enable SMTP and then provide the following information:

SMTP server address: mail.yourdomain.x10.mx (replacing yourdomain.x10.mx with your domain name)
SMTP server port: 25
SMTP username: yourname+yourdomain.x10.mx (the email address you created but with the @ symbol as +)
SMTP password: (the password you used when you created your email account).

I'm not sure about the Auth method. If it fails, try changing that to something...

Last edited:

duduman_alex51

Reaction score
Mno nothing is working..Im thinking to give up pn mails all toghether...gona try one more thing!

EDIT: Mno tryed installing it from the cpanel...still didnt work...anyway..as far as I tryed...none of the other stuff I tryed (blogs etc.) havent sent emails!

Last edited:

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm out of ideas. Maybe another user will be able to help. :)

reynethaelarion36

Reaction score
You don't need to set the SMTP settings. I believe SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, and on that note, I shall explain on how to mass e-mail and e-mail with registration marks as to not needing the SMTP Server Settings filled out.

Login to your phpBB3 Administration Control Panel ( ACP ), and then look for Client Communication in the navigation bar to the left. You should see three links there, one for Authentication, one for E-Mail Settings, and another for Jabber Settings.

Click on E-Mail Settings, and make sure the Use SMTP Server for E-Mail option is set to NO. If you can send e-mails from there, good, if not, you'll need to provide further detail, OR, you may send an e-mail from your mail-server with Screen-Shots of what settings you have to reyne@reyne.elementfx.com . Sometimes it can be a simple spelling mistake that causes the entire problem. I mostly summarized a good bit from Dead-i's post, however, it depends actually if you installed it correctly from the start, meaning no spelling errors, no accidents, etc..

As for mass e-mail, although Dead-i already explained, and you said you most likely wouldn't need it, I will still go on a basic run down for others.
To send a mass e-mail:
Click on the System and then look on the Navigation bar to the left, under General Tasks there should be a link called Mass E-Mail, click it, and then fill out your appropriate settings for what you need to send it out for. I'm still here for help! :)

All the best,
Reyne
Reyne@Reyne.Elementfx.com