Email missing after migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

stang0568

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hello support people.

Before the migration my site was an addon to my main site.

See references: https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/since-december-26-my-site-is-no-longer-accessible.206925/

Before the migration I had an email address with the name of my site which I used to send different emails.

Since the migration this email account no longer exists ??? I did not destroy it.

as my account has been moved if I try to recreate this email again I can only do so with an address bearing the name of my main account.

Could you check if it is possible for you to recover this old email address.

bruno@blogvoyage.x10.mx

If this is not possible you could indicate me all the necessary parameters in order to recreate a new email with my main site.

port-outgoing-server-SSL ..... Server

Thanks in advance for your help
Stang0568

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Look at the top of the page, towards the right end. You'll see a dropdown called Domain. Switch between the domains you want to manage emails for there and the email should be visible to you.

As for email client, you would need to change the server paramater to those matching the server (using your own domain should work though lack proper ssl certificate)

stang0568

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hello
I found my missing email address under the domain tab.
THANK YOU SO MUCH

The next problem started on December 16 and I waited until the migration was finished to explain my next problems.

I managed to re-configure the sending of email from (bruno@blogvoyage.x10.mx) from the following places:

Wordpress
Mail (apple Mac)
Gmail

With the following settings:
SMTP: x12.x10hosting.com, Port 465

On the other hand, it is impossible for me to connect to the server and receive emails at the same address.
example with:
Incoming: x12.x10hosting.com, Port 993
Incoming: x12.x10hosting.com, Port 995
or
Incoming: x10hosting.com, Port 993 (before migration)

Could you check if something is out of order on this account
(since December 16)

If possible, tell me the parameters to use so that I can connect to the incoming server.

Thanks for your help
Stang0568

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
What you claim you had before migrations should really not have worked as that is on a whole different server.

The suggested setting that I have found (though my account is on x11) is to use mail.yourdefaultdomain.com as the server host, that does however not provide a true ssl certificate as the cert would be owned by the server.

In my thunderbird I have x11.x10hosting.com and port 993 (IMAP), so x12.x10hosting.com, Port 993 should work in your case. Are you using the full email address as your username in your client? Do you get any useful errors that could point to why or just no connection?

stang0568

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hello Anna

Here is my SMTP setting that works for sending messages in GMAIL: SMTP ok.jpg
It also works for:
Mail app. on Mac apple
Wordpress app. on my website

And here are the 2 settings for the INCOMMING that I tried on GMAIL as well as the result, see in red

Add email.jpg
Add email 2.jpg
Which give exactly the same result

Here is the result
"Connection timed out: There may be a problem with the settings you added. Please contact your other email provider to verify the correct server name and port."

Thanks for your help
stang0568

Attachments

• SMTP OK.jpg
    SMTP OK.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Add Gmail.jpg
    Add Gmail.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Add Gmail 2.jpg
    Add Gmail 2.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 6

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
993 is usually IMAP, while your configuration wants POP. Port for a POP connection is typically 110 (non ssl) or 995 (ssl), so my suggestion would be to try with port 995

stang0568

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hello Anna this the result of 6 differents test

See A-B-C-D-F files
Allway same result: Connection timed out

Except for option E the result is: Connection reset by peer

Thank you

Attachments

• A-Test 110 no SSL.jpg
    A-Test 110 no SSL.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 9
  • B-Test 110 no SSL.jpg
    B-Test 110 no SSL.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 9
  • C-Test 993 SSL.jpg
    C-Test 993 SSL.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 13
  • D-Test 993 SSL.jpg
    D-Test 993 SSL.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 9
  • E-Test 995 SSL.jpg
    E-Test 995 SSL.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 5
  • F-Test 995 SSL.jpg
    F-Test 995 SSL.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
Please forgive my intrusion, but this has been the most informative thread on the email issue.

I downloaded the Outlook config file (a .reg file) from the Email Accounts page in DirectAdmin and looked at it in a text editor. The file only configures POP3.
Question: Is IMAP still supported, or are the "new" email servers only POP3?

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
I have found the secret! (I think...)

Login to DirectAdmin dashboard.
Look at the address bar in the browser, and change the server in the email config to match.
I went from xo1 to x12, and I stopped getting error messages in Thunderbird.
kennystr went from xo2 to x13 (see his posts, which gave me the clue)

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
No, I was mistaken.
I no longer the get the "Authentication Failed" message when I was using the (old) xo1 server.
Now I get "server was reset" message after a looooooooong timeout using the (new?) x12 server.
Tried it with "mail.[mydomain]" as the server but that gave me the same "server reset" result.

So my question still stands: IMAP or POP3?

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
Not sure what is different from my last post, but changing servers to "mail.[my x10host domain]" is now working across all of my x10host accounts, both sending and receiving.

stang0568

Prime Account
Reaction score
993 is usually IMAP, while your configuration wants POP. Port for a POP connection is typically 110 (non ssl) or 995 (ssl), so my suggestion would be to try with port 995

After a good pose and a good reflection. I finally had the idea of destroying the problematic account in GMAIL to create a completely new one rather than simply editing it as I did.

And it works. :)
If it helps someone
So the settings I use are as follows:

POP3
Username: (same as this direct-admin login)
password: (same as this direct-admin login)
x12.x10hosting.com
Port: 995
SSL

Case resolve
Thank you for your precious help
Stang0568

Status
Not open for further replies.