Email weirdness

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudskippa26962

Reaction score
Ok so my email looks like it's sending now but showed no new email messages which is not possible seeing as it's been unavailable for ages. I tried to send a message to my domain email from another account and it bounced back with the message below.

I ASSUME its still a Starka issue. But does this mean all my emails from that time will have been lost?

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

beth@smyls.co.uk

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550-mail-ob0-f181.google.com [209.85.214.181] is currently not permitted to
550-relay through this server. Perhaps you have not logged into the pop/imap
550-server in the last 30 minutes or do not have SMTP Authentication turned on
550 in your email client. (state 14).

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
That address is bouncing mail from me over at yahoo so its not the script.

Last edited:

mudskippa26962

Reaction score
Hi Cybrax,

Thanks for the help - sorry i'm not really a techhie so I don't understand the answer. I assume this is due to website maintenance but I really wanted to know what would have happened to my emails in the meantime. No-one has contacted me about 'bouncing' emails until yesterday night. I tried sending an email from my domain account and it is showing in the sent box - but has not arrived at the other side, so it looks like both sending and receiving is down. But where were my emails from before it was bouncing?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.