Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

islandea

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to send stuff like confirmation emails but they never arrive, it says the connection timed out. I know the email is working properly outside x10hosting since I can send, reply, and all. Is x10hosting blocking the requests?

P.S I use Zoho for email.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry, but on our free hosting service, outbound SMTP connections are blocked by our firewall to prevent abuse. You can either use email accounts created on your x10Hosting account to send mail, or if you're using something like Sendgrid, you can send mail through their HTTP API.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
but they never arrive
some items I know of...
1.> must have ASCII text in both subject and body
2.> messages that identify themselves as test messages are silently discarded
3.> messages that looks "spammy" - as far as the outbound mail filters are concerned - are silently discarded
4.> the FROM header must be a Email address that actually exists and is associated with your x10hosting's free-hosting account (is one you created - and NOT the senders Email address)
5.> Emails are not sent from the individual x10hosting's free-hosting servers - but are sent from a centralized outbound scanning SMTP server
6.> external [ SMTP ] is blocked - all Email must go out through outbound spam filters on 10hosting's SMTP server

Last edited:

islandea

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry, but on our free hosting service, outbound SMTP connections are blocked by our firewall to prevent abuse. You can either use email accounts created on your x10Hosting account to send mail, or if you're using something like Sendgrid, you can send mail through their HTTP API.
I tried using yours already but they still never arrive, and I get no error.

islandea

Reaction score
Solved, I got the email. Just takes a while! Is there a way to make the email any faster?

Last edited:

islandea

Reaction score
Really need to find a way to speed emailing up, the email has a code on a timer, and I've waited around an hr for the email and nothing. One email previously, was supposed to arrive at 9:45 but arrived at 13:00

Last edited:

islandea

Reaction score
Emails are arriving 11 hours later than usual. What is x10hosting doing which causes this? If it's going to be this slow and I can't use other SMTP servers, then idk what I will do.

r0nmltx1

Reaction score
Actually email used to work perfectly up to about a week ago. But now there is a config problem:

This is when the email is actually sent by my php. Time is correct.

Received: from *** by xo1.x10hosting.com with local (Exim 4.87)
(envelope-from <***@xo1.x10hosting.com>)
id 1cNhcG-003Taj-Sw
for ***@gmail.com; Sun, 01 Jan 2017 10:00:08 -0500

It then goes onto:

Received: from xo1.x10hosting.com (xo1.x10hosting.com [198.91.81.2]) by mail01.infinitysrv.com with SMTP;
Sun, 1 Jan 2017 05:00:09 -0500

Time on this server is wrong and seems to be getting jammed in there as the next line is ages after:

Received: from mail01.infinitysrv.com (mail01.infinitysrv.com [198.91.80.250])
by edge.x10hosting.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 0BC513216FA1
for <***@gmail.com>; Mon, 2 Jan 2017 02:13:06 -0500 (EST)

From here onwards it is just a couple of seconds until delivery.

islandea

Reaction score
Actually email used to work perfectly up to about a week ago. But now there is a config problem:

This is when the email is actually sent by my php. Time is correct.

Received: from *** by xo1.x10hosting.com with local (Exim 4.87)
(envelope-from <***@xo1.x10hosting.com>)
id 1cNhcG-003Taj-Sw
for ***@gmail.com; Sun, 01 Jan 2017 10:00:08 -0500

It then goes onto:

Received: from xo1.x10hosting.com (xo1.x10hosting.com [198.91.81.2]) by mail01.infinitysrv.com with SMTP;
Sun, 1 Jan 2017 05:00:09 -0500

Time on this server is wrong and seems to be getting jammed in there as the next line is ages after:

Received: from mail01.infinitysrv.com (mail01.infinitysrv.com [198.91.80.250])
by edge.x10hosting.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 0BC513216FA1
for <***@gmail.com>; Mon, 2 Jan 2017 02:13:06 -0500 (EST)

From here onwards it is just a couple of seconds until delivery.
Thanks for the information. I hope they can resolve this issue because I cannot launch my site until they do. I just got all the emails the next day..

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
my Email test PHP script sends a Email to most of my other hosts - and my gmail address - and to a address at my x10hosting's free-hosting account on server [ xo3 ]

today the Email from my x10hosting's free-hosting account - is received ONLY at my x10hosting's free-hosting account

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.