Emails don't seem to be sending, but are receiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

allstare

Reaction score
I think there is something wrong with the email account I use from x10 on my http://allstarsoftware.co.uk domain, I've set it up in both Windows Mail App and my BlackBerry phone, both receive emails perfectly fine, they appear to send the email but the recipient are not receiving them, at first I thought I was just been ignored (Yep) But I tried emailing myself on two accounts and neither received the email I sent (Not in the Spam inboxes), my customers must think I'm ignoring them :/

Can anyone from X10 take a look at my account please?
The Settings are use SSL and both devices match the settings given on the cpanel:

d1d1125e068a7f7a165cf1e8ba656e4b.png

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi allstare,

Thank you for the private message. It looks like your emails are being sent, but some of your more recent emails are being blocked by our mail server because they are being treated as spam. I have marked some of your emails as being safe. Please could you try sending another test email, with some proper content, and let me know whether it goes through? Emails simply containing "test" are also picked up by the spam filter. ;)

Thank you,

Last edited:

allstare

Reaction score
Hi allstare,

Thank you for the private message. It looks like your emails are being sent, but some of your more recent emails are being blocked by our mail server because they are being treated as spam. I have marked some of your emails as being safe. Please could you try sending another test email, with some proper content, and let me know whether it goes through? Emails simply containing "test" are also picked up by the spam filter. ;)

Thank you,

Hi,

I've just tried and my latest email went through properly, thanks for that, is there any chance the spam filter could be turned off completely or notify me that a email was blocked ?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately for free hosting we're not able to shut it off or send notifications. If we shut it off for your account and you somehow got compromised it would allow your compromised account to send mass spam email causing our mail server to be blacklisted and impacting delivery of email for everyone else. We also can't send a notification because we handle and discard so much spam we would be sending a hundred thousand bounce notifications daily which would cause issues itself.

The mail settings we have for free hosting are extra sensitive to make sure no spam gets out, this means customers have to be extra careful that emails they send do not look like spam. We normally have no problem training the system a bit if a customer is verified to be sending legit emails, this generally solves the problem. We can also make suggestions on changes you can make to lower your score.

Because of the way we handle email our free hosting users are able to have the best mail deliverability out of any free hosting service, most either don't allow email or all email you do send ends up in the recipients spam box. You can verify our senderscore @ https://senderscore.org/lookup.php for our free hosting mail IP of: 198.91.80.251

I believe the training Dead-i did has solved your problem, the major issues I saw out of your past 10 or so emails was that some of them did not have a subject specified.

allstare

Reaction score
That's fair enough Corey, I'll do my best to keep emails out of the spam filter, thanks again.

allstare

Reaction score
I think this may have happened again (or the receiver's Gmail is broken), would an Admin mind checking it for me again please?

Status
Not open for further replies.