Embed Streaming Videos

izrealight

Reaction score
Hi I uploaded a video that I made to the server which doesn't seem to be playing on my site. I used dreamweaver and everything works fine on my computer, and everything else on my site is great, but the video doesn't play online. here's the code:

<object width="320" height="290" id="mediaplayer1">
<param name="URL" value="roseave.avi">
<param name="AutoStart" value="true">
<param name="ShowControls" value="true">
<param name="ShowStatusBar" value="false">
<param name="ShowDisplay" value="false">
<param name="AutoRewind" value="true">
<embed src="roseave.avi" width="320" height="290" autostart="false" showcontrols="true" showstatusbar="false" showdisplay="false" autorewind="true"></embed>
</object>

Any help with this would be awesome. thanks.
Edit:
here's the website URL too: www.roseavenuedigital.com/special.htm

Last edited:

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
You may want to consider upgrading your PHP to ver. 2 ( Intermediate ) as well.

LHVWB

Reaction score
Oh thanks, yea I guess I was in the wrong Forum.

I already checked this, didn't seem to help much. What does upgrading my PHP to ver. 2 do, and what does that entail? much thanks.

Upgrading to the intermediate version of php should only make a difference if you are using php in your code. It will give you access to more php functions.

As far as I can see your website site not recognizing that I have the plugin for flash, this must be an error with your html code, that means it isn't telling the browser to load the flash document.

izrealight

Reaction score
the avi is about 200 mb, could it be too large to stream effectively?

kateblogs

Reaction score
I'm probably teaching my grandma to suck eggs but - did you upload the video too?

crisp

Reaction score
I'm probably teaching my grandma to suck eggs but - did you upload the video too?
Was gonna ask the same. According to the params you've entered the video file should be in your web root (public_html) folder. Did you perhaps put it in another folder on your site? If so change the URL and the src params to point to the folder you put it in (or move the file to web root)

btw 200Mb? you should consider using some sort of compression on it, just 5 views at that size is 1Gb bandwidth gone.

kkenny

Reaction score
Try this code. I think your doctype may be affecting it ;P if it's xhtml then this code should work

<object width="320" height="290" id="mediaplayer1" />
<param name="URL" value="roseave.avi" />
<param name="AutoStart" value="true" />
<param name="ShowControls" value="true" />
<param name="ShowStatusBar" value="false" />
<param name="ShowDisplay" value="false" />
<param name="AutoRewind" value="true" />
<embed src="roseave.avi" width="320" height="290" autostart="false" showcontrols="true" showstatusbar="false" showdisplay="false" autorewind="true" /></embed>

That's if it's normal HTML and in XHTML, if it's in a php you need to change the " to ' and if it's HTML then you need to I think remove the " />" and make it "/>" at the end of almost each tag.
</object>

vTech

Reaction score
i guessed you placed the video at the wrong folder or you linked it to the wrong folder....but i see u fixed it now...

Zenax

Reaction score
Just a note: The video will not load for me either.