Enable java&Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Java is run on the server, and there has not been notice of when it would be installed.

on the contary. flash is generated on the client's computer, so it is 'enabled' as long as the client has the latest flash player installed

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You can't use Java, as it isn't enabled on the server. But you can use Java Web Start if it is a client-side java application.

You are free to use flash, as flash is client-side, not server-side

Last edited:

longoria

Reaction score
So , what your saying is we cant use any java script on our free accounts. I've been trying to but it doesnt work right. I have never read that anywhere. Would you let me know what doesnt work so i wont try it

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
So , what your saying is we cant use any java script on our free accounts. I've been trying to but it doesnt work right. I have never read that anywhere. Would you let me know what doesnt work so i wont try it

Clientside JavaScript works, that's a browser based thing that x10 has no control over.

Java Server Pages or JSP are server-side and require Tomcat to be installed, which it isn't.

This is the classic case of Java VS JavaScript. Big differences; one can be used to create entire applications, the other really only gets used to enhance webpages, and runs on the client's computer, not the server.

med.zrouga

Reaction score
it's just i uploaded the flash plugin and java to to make my site leech youtube vids

Is that ok ?

Status
Not open for further replies.