Resolved Entire direct admin account down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybersav

Reaction score
Pending - Firewall unblock (Requires Admin)

Hello.

My X10 direct admin account went down unexpectedly today.

I was sending ftp files over but the panel went down after the transfer was over and the panel and site was check to confirm they were running smoothly.

User is cybersav.

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you getting any error messages? In example, maybe your browser says "refused connection" or "empty response"?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Please verify that your email client is correctly configured. I found your IP in the firewall, reason was:
Failed IMAP login

cybersav

Reaction score
Please verify that your email client is correctly configured. I found your IP in the firewall, reason was:
Failed IMAP login
Thank you.

Can I have the proper settings? I used the posted settings in the direct admin panel.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The block is most likely due to user/pass not matching.

For user it has to be the full email address, password should be what you set it to.

cybersav

Reaction score
Hello.

It seems that when I transfer files over ftp I get blocked by the X10 service firewall. I have switched my ftp client to as new application and get the same result. I originally used filezilla and now I use multicommander 64 bit.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I'll flag this for an admin.

User should be your DirectAdmin user name
Password is your DirectAdmin password
Server is [your domain name]
Port is 21
Do NOT use SSL. This will definitely cause a problem

If you create a FTP login, then you have to use [username]@[domain name] and that password

cybersav

Reaction score
I'll flag this for an admin.

User should be your DirectAdmin user name
Password is your DirectAdmin password
Server is [your domain name]
Port is 21
Do NOT use SSL. This will definitely cause a problem

If you create a FTP login, then you have to use [username]@[domain name] and that password

Config Copy:
Screenshot_33.png

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It looks ok. If you use x11.x10hosting.com, that is fine, but if your account changes servers, you might have to change that later. As long as your domain is hosted at x10, you can use your domain as the server. If you use CloudFlare and etc., you have to set up some DNS to get it to work. CloudFlare doesn't proxy anything other than HTTP and HTTPS.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm going to guess you got blocked again. Since I'm not an admin, I can't reset that, but I did flag this post and this should be cleared up in a day or so. Our main admin for this forum is on the other side of the world, so I wouldn't expect to see anyone on for a few hours yet.

cybersav

Reaction score
Ok. I saved my config to prevent any issues on any settings the ftp might have used without my awareness, just in case. But I believe something was up. Antiidle noop is fine right? And does passive mode need to be on?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't believe those have any real effect on what you're seeing. NOOP just means your computer will say "I don't need anything, I just want you to know I'm here and don't break the connection because you think I'm gone". Passive mode I don't understand as well, but it is the default to have it on and I've never had a problem with it.

Anna had said your email client had problems which caused the initial block. If you'd like, we can review those settings as well before she gets back.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Oh, I can't delete anything. I can only give basic advise and let admins know when I get stuck.

I meant, can you tell me what your email settings are for your account? Remember to block out your password (don't even show the dots if you can)

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Do you check your email? If you use something like Thunderbird or Windows Mail, and it downloads your emails, that can get you blocked if you send the wrong password a lot of times.

The config for the server should be stored in that program.

cybersav

Reaction score
I have fully reset my email for windows 10 to brand new. No emails logins should remain.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Ok you should be fine. If you want to check your x10 email from a phone, computer, from GMail or Outlook or etc.; basically anything that asks for your x10 user and password, just let us know and we'll get it for you. DirectAdmin isn't as easy as cPanel in this regard. And, it sounds like something got you blocked related to this, so we'll want to resolve that first.

Status
Not open for further replies.