Erroneous Account Suspension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostcommander

Reaction score
My account was suspended yesterday for "high system resource usage". I see no signs that this could have been the case. My site is still suffering from a severe lack of traffic, has used almost no bandwidth this month, and has no CRON jobs or any other automated scripts. The virus check said no virii were found. I did have one spam bot register to my forum and make a single post on the 15th, but I do not think this was the cause of the suspension. Could you please either remove the suspension and warning from my account (I have already unsuspended it), and/or let me know what on my account overused (or might have overused) the resources? Thank you very much for your time and support of this great service and community.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks as there's a script that uses up a bit of cpu time during processing.
The script is located at: /public_html/trade/index.php

This is part of the log that shows a little what the script was doing at that point:
QUERY_STRING=page=search&CurrencyA=14&GameA=11&ServerA=2&CurrencyB=21&GameB=11&ServerB=2&sid=383843adcc21408943566f789e21139e
REQUEST_URI=/trade/index.php?page=search&CurrencyA=14&GameA=11&ServerA=2&CurrencyB=21&GameB=11&ServerB=2&sid=383843adcc21408943566f789e21139e

lostcommander

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your quick reply and for the log entry.

That is one of my pages. I am looking at it now to see what the problem might be. It is a little strange though, since I have not changed any of the pages since last semester.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
could be something that temporarily caused execution time to exceed the normal (at least I assume that is why cpu time got over the limit)

lostcommander

Reaction score
I have reviewed the error log for that file and there are several instances over the past month (wait, I had visitors!?! maybe just bot crawlers) on 3 lines between 2 files. They are all related to MySQL. If the MySQL server takes longer than usual to respond, does that trigger the 20-second PHP failure? Could something like that have triggered the overuse suspension?

Also, looking more closely at the log lines you posted - those parameters are from a previous iteration (October 2009 maybe?) of the trade section of my site; page=search no longer exists.

Thank you very much for your help and I will assume for now that a temporary problem was responsible. If this happens again, I will investigate more deeply into the cause(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.