error 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegngaryubuntu43

Reaction score
I can not log into my WP admin site, but the site itself is fine.

[14-Aug-2013 02:50:26 UTC] WordPress database error Got error 28 from storage engine for query SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON t.term_id = tt.term_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category') AND tt.count > 0 ORDER BY t.name ASC made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/themes/sunset_castle_theme/index.php'), get_sidebar, locate_template, load_template, require_once('/themes/sunset_castle_theme/sidebar.php'), dynamic_sidebar, call_user_func_array, WP_Widget->display_callback, WP_Widget_Categories->widget, wp_dropdown_categories, get_terms

I have seen this error reported elsewhere but the ones I read did not say what you need to do. error 28 should mean that the server is full but I do not think this is the casse.

thanks

usama_rasab27

Reaction score
Hi, what server are you on? Log in to cpanel and check what the address box says; it should be something like this: server.x10hosting.com:4digits. It could be VOX, LEVEL .etc
It could be due to the server, but I doubt it because it hasn't been reported by other users. Try clearing your database of unwanted rows.

You could also try to go to PHPMyAdmin and then click the wordpress database. Then, click Check All (Unselect the tables that aren't causing problems), with selected: (Choose 'repair table' from the dropdown list.)

Thank You

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello pegngaryubuntu43,

The server that you are on, "Vox", was experiencing the Error 28 MySQL error a few days ago. This has since been resolved, however.

Error 28 suggests that a certain partition on the server has become full. I've just checked again and there is now plenty of space left on the concerning partition on Vox. Are you still experiencing these issues?

Thank you.

pegngaryubuntu43

Reaction score
Hello pegngaryubuntu43,

The server that you are on, "Vox", was experiencing the Error 28 MySQL error a few days ago. This has since been resolved, however.

Error 28 suggests that a certain partition on the server has become full. I've just checked again and there is now plenty of space left on the concerning partition on Vox. Are you still experiencing these issues?

Thank you.
Yes I am still experiencing this problem, checked just now. I repaired the database before I posted and it was ok. Last time I added anything was in June and there were no server error messages.

I will check back here later today to see if you have found any other problems.

garyk

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Hi, please provide steps to reproduce the issue. If it requires login credentials, can you please send temporary credentials to me in a private message?

usama_rasab27

Reaction score
A blank screen means that 'Error Reporting' is off.

** ********************************************OPTIONAL ************************************************
Turn it on like this:

Go to 'wp-config.php' and edit the following line:

Code:
define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);

Change it to:

Code:
define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true);

After you have done that, check that WP admin site displays some errors.

************************************************************************************************************

Then, go to phpMyAdmin, go to your Wordpress database, then click 'SQL' which is on the top menu bar. Paste the following:

Code:
SELECT * FROM wp_options WHERE option_name =  'active_plugins';

It should go to option_name.

Then change 'option_value' to:

Code:
a:0:{}

That should disable all plugins. Then check your Wordpress Admin Backend.

Thank You

usama_rasab27

Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot to finish so I haven't finished yet.

The plugin that breaks your site seems to be some kind of 'Shopping Cart Plugin'. Don't activate any shopping cart plugin.

After that, go to your Admin Backend and activate 1 plugin and then check your admin and site again then go to the next one. Then do this again repeatedly until your site breaks again. Once it breaks, you'll know what plugin breaks your site. Then, follow the instructions on the previous reply. Then, delete that plugin.

If the problem occurs again after activating a plugin then repeat the steps to deactivate all plugins 'via' phpMyAdmin.

Thank You

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Make sure you turn debug mode off again once you've fixed the issue. Debugging mode can cause potentially sensitive information to be sent to your users and can decrease the security of your Wordpress installation. You just have to reverse the changes to the configuration file that usama_rasab27 had requested you to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.