Error 429 Too many requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Since last night I have been getting this error when trying to log into the admin section of my site (beautifulmess.elementfx.com).

"Error 429 Too many requests.
Too many requests.

Guru Meditation:
XID: 6599509

Varnish cache server"

How can I fix this?

eta: I'm on server "xo2".

Last edited:

critter74854

Reaction score
I'll also ad that my WordPress platform website is doing the same thing when trying to log in, Else the site appears to be working fine on the front side.

On Server X02

codealiaswave

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem on my site too.

I've seen some responses about "As a result of an excessively large number of requests your website has received recently, we added a temporary rate limit to your website. We have now removed the rate limit, and you should no longer see the 429 error messages."

Except that I have a third party stat counter coded into my site and I've had absolutely 0 traffic for the last 4 days. So I know there's not an "excessively large number of" anything since I last logged in.

codealiaswave

Reaction score
Update:
From my Android phone, I was able to use the Forgot Password link on the wp-admin page. That sent an email to my registered email account with a reset password link in it.
From the link, I was able to reset my password to the exact same thing AND login to WordPress to Add a New Post.

I still, however, cannot login to wp-admin via my laptop without receiving the 429 error.

So again, obviously not an "excessively large number of requests". I also don't use any plugins (like social media) that could be interfering with the login.

Last edited:

codealiaswave

Reaction score
Update2:
For giggles, tried to login from IE instead of Firefox and I'm having absolutely no problems. While logged in and successfully viewing wp-admin in IE, switched back to Firefox and still getting the 429 error.

Something's definitely wrong between Firefox/WordPress/X10Hosting.

critter74854

Reaction score
LMAO !! using IE (That's Internet Explorer for those who have forgotten it)
I had to dig deep in All Program Files to find it, and it worked! Logged in fine and updated plugins, security, and even a page. All without any troubles (a bit on the slow side but that's to be expected on a Free Host during peak hour)

Thanks for that codealiaswave :)

megaddlp

Reaction score
I still get that error, even in Internet Explorer. Also my server name is xo7. I think so. It also says MySQL server is down.

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem occasionally on my site. It started Thursday evening, but I thought I had logged in too many times, as I had logged out and back in 3 times within 10 minutes or so. However, I got back on Sunday and tried to log in with no luck, then was able to log in yesterday, but not today. Nothing has changed about the site or my setup at all.

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
Hey admins, where are you on this issue? You're usually a lot more responsive than this. This is the second day in a row I haven't been able to access my WP Admin dashboard because of this error.

frackque

Reaction score
Since last night I have been getting this error when trying to log into the admin section of my site (beautifulmess.elementfx.com).

Too many requests.

Guru Meditation:

Varnish cache server"

How can I fix this?

Best of luck julie.serendipity35 I'm in the queue for a fix for this issue too. Looks like the admins aren't too interested though...

Too many requests.

Guru Meditation:

Varnish cache server"

How can I fix this?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

We're looking into these issues now. Thank you for reporting this. :)

Thank you,

jordanb2

Reaction score
Hi,

We're looking into these issues now. Thank you for reporting this. :)

Thank you,

Hi, I'm also having this problem. It only started a couple days ago. Temporarily it started working again, but then today it has come up with the same problem each time I try to login. Any updates on this? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.