Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

homesch3

Reaction score
Working on a school project. Started off on a different server, but didn't like it much and returned to x10hosting, which I've always been pretty happy with...

I just have one problem; not sure if it's on my end or not.

The website includes a login feature, and if I am logged in as an administrator, I have the option of adding a pdf file to the website. But when I fill out the form to do so, I receive the error:

Error 503 Backend fetch failed
Backend fetch failed

Guru Meditation:
XID: 10201443

Varnish cache server

I'm on the x01 server.

AidanLumina

Reaction score
Yes, I'm sometimes prompted with this error, too. After it showed up, all the stylesheets and javascripts and images are not available anymore. They return a 200 OK but that's it.

AidanLumina

Reaction score
It seems like KeepAlive is causing the issue. Not entirely sure though. Did you switch that on recently @ staff?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

503 Backend Failed Fetch failed is a generic message for when the web server did not return a response within a certain amount of time. This can happen if the server is having some temporary issues, or if your script is taking longer than 30 seconds to process. Since you said you saw this when adding a PDF file, could your script be taking longer than 30 seconds to process that? If you're uploading a PDF file, you might want to try uploading it through FTP or cPanel's File Manager instead.

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.