caftpx10

Reaction score
At 22:20 GMT +01:00, the site suddenly got the following error:

Error 503 Service Unavailable
Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:
XID: 46287525

Varnish cache server

Just before this, I was going to start creating a useful tool that would be useful for what I do. I was testing out the date() function and setting it to UTC, the date() function being set to only display the time.
If the script could be causing it, it's located in the newest folder created under the document root.

Thanks.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Is this still occurring, or was this temporary? I can't see anything in the server logs that would have caused this. :(

Thank you,

caftpx10

Reaction score
It seems that it went (haven't look at it much today).
This was happening for around 15 minutes.

I would like to point out that I was linking to /testimg on a different site (don't worry, it only displays the info), it's rendered as an image on the clients end. Also, there is a CSS file that I had created that also links to that external site. Even though the resource monitor on cPanel shows the entry processes as just below the middle, I have a feeling that it's inaccurate as one of the things I've noticed is that it says that I've exceeded the CPU limit but it doesn't display any spikes for that (flat).
One more thing. The CSS file for the external site to use was there before and I had noticed that the site was always seemly hitting the limit since (I don't know about when it wasn't there as it had been a long time).
Hopefully linking to files externally is okay.

Last edited:

glennemlee95

Reaction score
This same error will happen to me when I try to do something a little too intensive on the site. It'll be the 503 error, then Database connection error, then my site will be live after a little bit. I believe it's just your script overusing the resources allocated to it. Don't quote me on that, I'm not an admin here so I could be wrong about your specific situation.

caftpx10

Reaction score
This same error will happen to me when I try to do something a little too intensive on the site. It'll be the 503 error, then Database connection error, then my site will be live after a little bit. I believe it's just your script overusing the resources allocated to it. Don't quote me on that, I'm not an admin here so I could be wrong about your specific situation.

That can potentially cause the issue, but this seems to be not so much PHP related. I had stopped using the PHP image and it does still go on time-to-time. My scripts are pretty light as well, so that can't be it (the PHP image isn't linked to the database yet). This could be a random thing..

glennemlee95

Reaction score
Hm, if it's not your script then I'm at a loss on assistance. I can't see into server details that houses your site, so all I can do is wait for someone with better privs to come along again to check things out.

sammccal

Reaction score
Just received the same error message while setting up a new wordpress install on a new addon domain. The error came up on both the wp-admin page and the site itself. Server is x04. I haven't done anything in this install that I didn't do when I set up the same wp install under the x10 subdomain a week ago, and I didn't get this error then so I'm not sure why it's happening now.

The only actions I'd been doing just before error was to delete wp install and mySQL db associated w sub and I created a new mySQL for the new wp install under the new domain. (I hadn't posted anything to my blog yet so it was nbd to delete and reinstall via ftp) I haven't installed any plug-ins yet or any other kind of scripts. Hope this info is helpful. Below is a copy of the error message received:

Error 503 Service Unavailable
Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:
XID: 38076471

Varnish cache server

Status
Not open for further replies.