Error adding addon domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster ciencias

Reaction score
I can't use my domain canal-ciencias.co.cc with my hosting account because when I try to add it as Addon domain I obtain the error message "domain is already configured". I have this problem from ten days ago and I have not obtained any solution. Please help!

Thanks in advance.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you still having this problem? If so, please reply back and hopefully an account manager will see this thread to help.

webmaster ciencias

Reaction score
Are you still having this problem? If so, please reply back and hopefully an account manager will see this thread to help.

Yes, i still have the problem. I did all type of tests but nothing results, i think that is necessary the help of the administrators to resolve it.

Thanks for your reply.

satubis arkon

Reaction score
this error can be because someone else have tried or have configured that domain. You can try another domain, that should work, or your problem can be because you have configured wrong the addon domain in the first place and the server has an error regarding your request. This can be because of the server migration, but i don`t understand why you have this problem for 10 days now... did you submited a ticket about the problem?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Go to sub-domains in your cPanel. Is there a subdomain showing up there? If so, delete it.

webmaster ciencias

Reaction score
this error can be because someone else have tried or have configured that domain. You can try another domain, that should work, or your problem can be because you have configured wrong the addon domain in the first place and the server has an error regarding your request. This can be because of the server migration, but i don`t understand why you have this problem for 10 days now... did you submited a ticket about the problem?

I already configured the domain some days ago, when all works badly, but i needed change the directory and i deleted the addon domain. Later i try add it again but i can't do it. Probably there was an error in the system.

I submitted a ticket but i did not obtain any answer at the moment.

Thanks.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
In the file manager, is there a directory/folder that's labeled canal-ciencias.co.cc? If so, delete that and then try again.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Try adding it now.

The entry for the domain were still on the name servers, appears that the system failed to remove it when you deleted the add on domain in cPanel.

webmaster ciencias

Reaction score
Try adding it now.

The entry for the domain were still on the name servers, appears that the system failed to remove it when you deleted the add on domain in cPanel.

No, still it does not work. The directory corresponding to the new domain is created but next the error happens and it does not happen nothing else :-(

Thanks for your reply.

P.D.: Excuse me my bad english.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

If I could access the server you are on, I'd probably be able to troubleshoot a bit better, but unfortunately that is currently not an option, I have not been given proper access to the new servers yet.

I did try one other thing though, but if it still fails it will sadly need to wait until I get proper access.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Status
Not open for further replies.