Error: Database connection failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

theengli

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
my site got slower yesterday. Then there was this error 503, but it got back to normal eventually.
Today I can't log on to the website altogther, as I get this message: "Error: Database connection failed".
Could anyone look into that, please?

gdickx10

Reaction score
I have seen this too. It seems that mysql is not running on xo2.xhosting.com. Been spotty for the past couple of days.

maldexx1

Reaction score
What the OP states is exactly what happened to me, as well. First the slowdown, then unable to reach cpanel/SQL/or my site.. then it's back and working fine.. now this morning, I get the error.

Error while connecting to MySQL: (XID ngybgf) Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) Error while connecting to MySQL: (XID ngybgf) Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 181.

famousx1

Reaction score
I've been getting this error for 2 days now and now i can do anything on my site until the databses are back up :(

diploma2

Reaction score
I am also seeing this error!!
"Error establishing a database connection"
Please check the matter.

maldexx1

Reaction score
I made my post just over 2 hours ago. I may have the free hosting package, but the lack of announcement (of the problem and that it's being worked on) or a response in the so-called help forum has ensured that I will never upgrade to a full-paid package.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
For the record, free hosting support is handled by volunteers that do this on their spare time (alongside school and/or work for instance). This means that it can take a bit to get an answer to questions regarding free hosting and any issues that arises.

I spoke to one of the server managers, they are aware and working on resolving the issues with mySQL right now. There's currently no eta on when it will be completely back online.

theengli

Reaction score
For the record, free hosting support is handled by volunteers that do this on their spare time (alongside school and/or work for instance). This means that it can take a bit to get an answer to questions regarding free hosting and any issues that arises.

I spoke to one of the server managers, they are aware and working on resolving the issues with mySQL right now. There's currently no eta on when it will be completely back online.
Thank you for your reply. I didn't mean to sound assertive or require any immediate action. I just wanted to draw the attention to the issue. Now I see that the problem's been spotted and is being solved. I checked out free hosting status blog first and it didn't mention anything, so I thought that perhaps nobody'd noticed anything yet.
Anyway, crossing my fingers and hoping for the better in the near future :)

Last edited:

maldexx1

Reaction score
And I appreciate your volunteer service. But, here's the problem. x10hosting uses free hosting as a way to create paying clients. Up until last night, I had every intention of becoming a paid customer next month. But, from my viewpoint, if something is done half-ass when it's meant to entice new paying clients, then there's nothing showing me that I can trust putting my money into x10hosting.

This has been going on for many hours and not one person was able to take 5 minutes to post an announcement letting clients know that the issue has been acknowledged and being worked on? Terrible customer service.. free or not. Instead they wait for a volunteer that has to take the heat? (which, by the way, I recognize none of this is under your control, you're just the representative being 'sacrificed to the wolves').

Now, after all this downtime, the only response we get is: There is no ETA. And no explanation.

In any problem, the first two things people want to know is "what happened" and "how long till it's fixed".. that's it. If you have those two answers, you appease the masses, even if it takes a week to fix.

theengli

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it turned out that all the data I'd been changing during the day when the the website was slow had been lost. I had to spend last night and this morning to restore everything by hand. Hope that I managed to find everything that got lost in the process. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.