Resolved Error message: Sign in Successful ... An error has occurred forwarding your sign in. Retry-

Status
Not open for further replies.

oherprod

Reaction score
Error message:
=======================================
Sign in Successful

Please standby while transfer you to your web hosting account.
An error has occurred forwarding your sign in. Retry
=======================================

Additionally, when I navigate to my website, I cannot access it. The site is replaced with a page that says "Apache is functioning normally".

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no hosting account associated with your forum account, I do see a previous one that was cancelled by you and then subsequently terminated as requested. That account was terminated June last year as requested.

oherprod

Reaction score
There is no hosting account associated with your forum account, I do see a previous one that was cancelled by you and then subsequently terminated as requested. That account was terminated June last year as requested.
I had terminated a previous hosting account back in June as per the request of x10 Support because of an issue with CPanel. Subsequently, a new account was created which was hosting a website. This account is now inaccessible and the site is down.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no newer hosting account linked in with that forum account, what domain would it be under?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Is that the main domain for the account? I can not find it in search though search only takes the main domain as a parameter, which should be the domain you did chose during signup.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The forum account associated with that hosting account is oherpro2

I'll have to run this by head admin as there appears to be a corruption to the backup package I have available. Head admin will have to transfer a working one onto your server before I can restore the account.

oherprod

Reaction score
The forum account associated with that hosting account is oherpro2

I'll have to run this by head admin as there appears to be a corruption to the backup package I have available. Head admin will have to transfer a working one onto your server before I can restore the account.
Okay thank you and please keep me posted.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Apologies for the wait. Your account should now be sorted out.

oherprod

Reaction score
My website is now back online, however, I still can not sign into CPanel. When I try I receive the following message,

Sign in Successful

Please standby while transfer you to your web hosting account.

An error has occurred forwarding your sign in. Retry

oherprod

Reaction score
All seems to be working now. What exactly was the original issue with the account. Additionally, what might have caused the corruption of the backup package?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The original problem was it was terminated as an inactive account since you had not logged in after November 16th.

On March 5th we ran terminations on all accounts that had no login activity within 60 days prior, meaning you were by the time for purging was well outside of the window, and even more so outside the 30 day login requirement.

Normally accounts are suspended after 30 days, then terminated after an additional 21 days, usually with no restore option available (giving 51 inactive days before termination).

This time we set the mark on 60 days and skipped suspension which is why we made the archives available for restore, basically all account data including settings and files was packaged into an archive using the servers built in functionality for that.

As for the corruption, the likely cause would have been an error during packaging of the account.

oherprod

Reaction score
Thank you for that explanation. I appreciate it. Going forward, will this lack of account suspension before termination and purging of the account become standard practice?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
No, this was done as part of the maintenance, going forward there should be a suspension first, and possibly also some reminder email as has been in the past.

To avoid further problems I'd suggest logging in a bit more frequently then the required 30 days.

oherprod

Reaction score
Okay, thank you for that clarification. Additionally, what is the correct login email linked to oherpro2 as I had thought that this account was linked to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.