error Parking a domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbonlin2

Reaction score
I am getting an error :
Unable to add the domain name − Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver

also i am trying to change the dns server to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com and i am receiving :
Server DNS Master: refused search
Server DNS Slave 1: refused search

Domain: dbonline.com.br
DNS: ns1.x10hosting.com
refused search
Response time: 0:25 s

I try to contact the administrator from my REGISTRAR, and she told me i need to contact administrator from x10hosting.com to do a config with my domain, and when it is added i ll be able to set my DNS to NS1.X10HOSTING.COM and NS2.X10HOSTING.COM .

I ve also had recently changed this domain to another server and now cant add it back to x10hosting.com .

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Who's your registrar?

dbonlin2

Reaction score
Who's your registrar?

my registrar: http://registro.br

I ve received this mail today :
"
From:. Hostmaster registry br (hostmaster@registro.br) You moved this message to its current location.
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2014 3:49:45 PM

Dear Sir,

When there is the creation of a domain and need to host it on
DNS administrator of these servers need to conduct a
specific configuration for each domain that will be inserted in these
servers.

Thus, for these DNS servers can be inserted into
dbonline.com.br field will be necessary that they are
properly configured by your Provider.

Please ask the company responsible for DNS servers
ns1.x10hosting.com ns2.x10hosting.com and forming appropriate
settings.

Regards,
Alessandra Uemura
"

Last edited:

dbonlin2

Reaction score
I've tried to redirect (using an dnsfree afraid.org account):
ns1.afraid.org >to> ns1.x10hosting.com
and
ns2.afraid.org >to> ns2.x10hosting.com

to bypass my REGISTRAR (http://registro.br) config demand:
  1. 1st configure the domain at x10hosting (example add domain cpanel)
  2. 2nd my Registrar System will not fail while trying to change ns.XXXX.com to ns1.x10hosting.com (actually returning: refused search)
but still getting same error from cpanel to add the domain (dbonline.com.br):
error.jpg

also checked the dns (with: http://dnscheck.pingdom.com/?domain=dbonline.com.br)
and got this errors:
dnscheck.jpg

I found this solution on Cpanel forums (http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/create-addon-domain-manually-73519.html) :
solution.jpg
but, i cant change this settings to make this solution to work.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I am getting an error: Unable to add the domain name − Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver
This is a catch-22 situation.

This is a situation where one thing must happen in order to cause another thing to happen - but because the first thing does not happen the second thing cannot happen

x10hosting requires - as most hosts do - that you have the name servers set to x10hosting's [ ns1.x10hosting.com ] and [ ns2.x10hosting.com ] before allowing you to add a domain to your account. This ensures that you actually own the domain and prevents some types of fraud from occurring - for example you would not be able to add [ Google.com ] to your account with x10hosting because you do not have access to change the name servers on that domain. Because you can not add the domain with x10hosting - you can not change the name servers - because you can not change the name servers you can not add the domain with x10hosting...

Admins will need to add the DNS zone for you - if they will do it

dbonlin2

Reaction score
This is a catch-22 situation.

This is a situation where one thing must happen in order to cause another thing to happen - but because the first thing does not happen the second thing cannot happen

x10hosting requires - as most hosts do - that you have the name servers set to x10hosting's [ ns1.x10hosting.com ] and [ ns2.x10hosting.com ] before allowing you to add a domain to your account. This ensures that you actually own the domain and prevents some types of fraud from occurring - for example you would not be able to add [ Google.com ] to your account with x10hosting because you do not have access to change the name servers on that domain. Because you can not add the domain with x10hosting - you can not change the name servers - because you can not change the name servers you can not add the domain with x10hosting...

Admins will need to add the DNS zone for you - if they will do it

Thank You a lot bdistler, that makes all clear, ...
...so all i have to do now, is wait to the support from x10hosting to config my domain dbonline.com.br to my account manually ?
should i bump the tread once a day for it ?

spaw_morpheus

Reaction score
support may give me a exception to add the domain at cpanel 1st , then the servers at registrar?

Status
Not open for further replies.