Favorite Operating System

Which is your favorite operating system?

• Windows Vista

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • Windows XP

Votes: 46 38.7%
  • Windows 2000

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Windows Me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 98

• Linux

Votes: 35 29.4%
  • Unix

• SunOS

• Mac

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 10.1%

• Total voters

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I know this is a pretty old topic already, but I have made a poll to see which is the best operating system.
You all know mine is Vista, but I have not used any other. If it is another operating system, please tell us...

Last edited:

FalseHope

Reaction score
First off, I'd like to say, I hate vista. Most programs are not compatible with it, and it just sucks. I chose XP, because I've been using it a while now, and I have hardly any issues with it. It's a great OS. I don't think I will be upgrading to vista for another few years, not until most if not all programs become compatible.

Blockis2

Banned
Reaction score
I gotta go with Vista. More equipment & updates, but less compatible.

oiwio

Reaction score
definetley XP because its got a very user friendly layout and is very fast and easy to use.

HomerJ

Reaction score
I chose Linux, but really any Unix is alright by me. I would like to try some other Unix-like OSes, but the compatibility problems keep me away.

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
I use linux.
Vista was being really mean to me so I left it and went back to Linux.

deadimp

Reaction score
My favority OS is probably Ubuntu, just because it was so easy to install and extremely easy to use, with loads of updates - that I trusted.
However, the one I use the most is Windows XP, just because it is what I've been using for the past who-knows-how-long.
I plan on using Ubuntu more, I just need to slowly get accustomed to Ubuntu, Linux, etc.
What has helped me greatly is the array of open source cross-platform applications that maintain a sense of familiarity, such as the Mozilla family, OpenOffice, Inkscape, XAMPP, etc., along with cygwin, which helped me get accustomed to a *nix-styled structure.

NOTE: I think Windows is a little over-represented in that list, seeing as none of specific Linux distro's are included :)

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Windows: Vista
Linux: Ubuntu

Vista's been my favorite. Not only is the GUI nice, but despite all of the problems people have with it, I've never had any problem with it at all, not even with the video drivers locking up which I hear is a problem with nVidia cards, and I find it actually faster than XP in speed and response time while the system is very busy.

Ubuntu, it's an easy to use Linux distro that also powers my web server and acts as a router for me, plus the ISO isn't massive like Fedora, which I have to burn to DVD and only 3 computers in the house can read DVDs (while my web server can only read CD-ROMs). Plus there's loads of updates for it, so it's got a good team behind it.

Last edited:

sunils

Reaction score
I like xp for its stability and software support. and like vista for its looks and graphics

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
This list is not biassed, I just don't know the different types of Linux and Unix's. I put so many versions of Windows because I noticed that most people like older versions of Windows than older versions of any other OS. With all the hatred going on with Windows, I can't believe Vista is winning :naughty:.

Last edited:

sprnews4u

Reaction score
I like linux becuase it's free and I like to mess about with (normaly end up reinstalling it!!) Ubuntu

But Windows Xp is mostly my favorite, still qutie like 98 through!

Definlt hate Vista Just lots of problems!!! and mac with those horrible 1 button mice!

kkenny

Reaction score
linux forever.

because its open source and doesn't cost money, and has less viruses, it can do what windows can do but BETTER.