Feature request!

davis143

Reaction score
When we browse the forums, there are many support requests that says that their hosting account creation is still pending or in the system queue. It will be better if you include an option to know the position of a request in the system queue so that users will get an idea about when their requests will be processed! It will be even better if you include this inside with the Account actions page. I think it will decrease the number of unnecessary support requests!
Consider this option if you think it will be good! Thanks for taking time to read my suggestion!

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
This would be a good idea to implement.

davis143

Reaction score
It may be something like this!
Request status: Waiting in the system queue
Additional details:
Position in the queue : 512
Estimated time left: 1024 seconds!
Your request will be processed within 1024 seconds!(approximately)
How is it?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll point the big guns to this thread.

However I have my doubts that it would be possible to get a very accurate estimate, it would likely be giving estimate in hours rather then seconds if it is even possible to give any estimation. It is likely that it would involve a very big rewrite of our custom account creation script.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Sounds like a nice idea to me. Could be displayed on the account panel and/or forums showing the position in say, a queue for Free Hosting creation. I don't think it needs to show the time the account is being expected for creation, but simply show it's place such as 432/2346 (Place in line/total number of waiting). I don't believe that should be too hard to implement if the idea does go through with the higher-ups.

urlovecalc69

Reaction score
Excellent! Brilliant Idea! Please implement this soon. It will be very very good for x10!