Feature requests - PHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Does PHP seem to be missing some functionality for you?

Do you want something added into PHP?

Let us know here! We're preparing to upgrade and change around our PHP installations. If you have any suggestions for extensions or configuration options, let me know.

I'll keep an updated list within here.

Current request list:
- SOAP
- Phar

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Let's stick this thread for now..

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I would like SOAP support, to access web services like Fedex rate service.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Are php levels going to be coming back?

That's all that I want, my php level 3 back. Haha

taha116

Reaction score
Could we ask for a little higher limit on script memory? like if not 64 then how about between it and 32?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Jeeze, why so much memory? I don't think I've used more than 1 or 2mb.

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
I don't have any specific feature request (& other members seem to be covering that area quite nicely).

But I do have another request.

Could you provide a list on the site of which PHP (& preferably also other) features are enabled? I guess that this list for PHP features at least, would need to be divided into Basic, Intermediate, & Advanced levels.

Community Support has a large proportion of questions continuously being posted, asking whether feature "x" is enabled, disabled, has a fault on the server at the moment, or whether the member is just doing something wrongly. Whilst we try to answer their question whenever we can, it is time consuming, & we are not always sure of the answer ourselves.

It will certainly be a big help if we can just point them to a comprehensive & up to date Features Enabled list. :)

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Jeeze, why so much memory? I don't think I've used more than 1 or 2mb.

I use much more than 2mb sometimes.

Wordpress plugin upgrades and core upgrades. I've been having to do them manually.

jcastroc55

Reaction score
Me parece bastante interesante la posibilidad de que se pueda tener tanto acceso a base de datos como con el php.

jimaek2

Reaction score
I would like support for Imagick Image Library. Im not sure if this is a php feature but still

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I would like support for Imagick Image Library. Im not sure if this is a php feature but still

It is an addon for PHP and it would be pretty cool.

@Zen-r I spoke to Corey about this, I actually tried to create this list. The exact list of limited and blocked functions he does not want to be publicized. However, he did say that I could tell you that the shell functions are disabled :biggrin:

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
Hehe.

I figured that the info was probably being deliberately withheld!

I can understand why, from x10's point of view (various reasons including site security, bad publicity when things are disabled, extra work in maintaining the list etc).

But as I said, it makes it extremely difficult for people to know the cause of their problem when they are attempting to do something & it doesn't work, if they can't even find out if something was supposed to work in the first place. And how people in Community Support are supposed to be able to help anyone with this lack of info, I just don't know!

It seems a pretty fundamental requirement of any service, to provide details on what service it is that they provide! :happysad:

gshaw0

Reaction score
Need to enable these plugins for a module I'm testing on the Moodle installation I'm trying out...

extension=php_mhash.dll
extension=php_mcrypt.dll
extension=php_soap.dll

Are any of these on at the moment?

Regards,

Gerrard

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.