Fedora 9 Anyone?

sathyabhat

Reaction score
ANyone's tried out the newly released Fedora 9? ATM I'm d/lding it, will try it out soon!

FlashFrog

Reaction score
Hi,

Yes, I installed it on my Toshiba laptop. I looks really cool; however, I had problems with the KDE 4.0 panel. It kept doing odd things, like icons in the task tray area would turn white and become non-functional. I think it still needs some work before it is really ready for prime-time. I ended up downloading OpenSUSE 10.3, and that is what is currently on my laptop.

sathyabhat

Reaction score
Well I agree with you regarding KDE4, I've been trying it out via teh openSUSE KDE4 live CDs, and yes it needs sometime before its ready for primetime. Fedora 9 will be the first fedora I'l be taking a deeplook at, last time I tried was FC6, and I was left with a rather bad taste.
And yup. I'm a SuSE user since 6.3, and a huge openSUSE fan, openSUSE 10.3 is what powers my Dell.

Blazer9131

Reaction score
Fedora is the Linux Distro ya?

Looks cool, I might Dual-Boot it on my vista laptop..

~Blaze

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I installed it to my Linux box the day it came out. Despite all of the downloaders, I was able to pull some crazy speeds from the normal DL servers. It's installed and it's pretty cool. Saw some new features as well.

kkenny

Reaction score
Pretty decent. Nothing special to me though. I guess overall the speed improved and that's pretty much it.