Feedback ; Angry

russian6

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hello x10hosting,
I recently joined your website and upgraded to a Prime member. I then proceeded into my cPanel and got a message saying:

[h=1]Sorry for the inconvenience![/h][h=3]The filesystem mounted at / on this server is running out of disk space. cPanel operations have been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.[/h]

So I've looked around the Forum and saw some news about updating, I am not yet sure if staff are still upgrading the server due to this thread. http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-announcements/178605-lotus.html, I am very disappointed.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Sorry about this temporary issue. Our administrators are aware and it will be fixed as soon as we possibly can :)

waleaden

Prime Account
Reaction score
I am surprised x10hosting does not give a time frames, what servers are down. Customers literally have to find out themselves that their sites are inaccessible....

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a difference between planned maintenance and unplanned. When it's planned, we can notify our customers in advance; on unplanned, we generally are finding out the same time as our customers, the exception being when the server itself is actually offline - we have a notification system set up for that so our admins are warned when the server is offline completely.

The problem in this case is the server -wasn't- down completely, so the notification system reported all services as operational. This was also due to that the notifications for cPanel were saying cPanel was online (it was, but cPanel itself was refusing to respond to any actual attempts to use it as one of the folders was thinking it was full).

We're looking into what caused it and working to prevent it in the future.