Feedback on wordpress template

zapzack

Reaction score
And again.. The sites too big.. I have a 1280 x 768 resolution.. the sites just too big.. Smaller text sizes and images are better (In my opinion)

sourfacedcyclop

Reaction score
I am sort of confused. I have a 1024*768 monitor and I looks fine to me. As for small images, what do you mean by that? My images add up to only be 32kb.

zapzack

Reaction score
Some of your text is bigger than my address bar of my browser.. that's what i mean..

zapzack

Reaction score
Heh.. The site looks good on my pc.. Just not my mac.. If i zoom out on my mac it looks better

damsch12

Reaction score
i have a resolution of 1280 x 768 and the text looks huge, but you do have a point, some people cant see smaller text. But beside that it looks great

Last edited:

sourfacedcyclop

Reaction score
Thanks for your responses, I will make sure to lower the font sizes in a couple spots on the final version.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Nice, clean and simple. Well done.

The only thing I didn't like is that footer gradient. I recommend you make it 100% wide and flat color (usually people use darker one to visually separate it from the rest of the page).

getyourshirt

Reaction score
Ok I will try to tell you what I like and what I don't like.

We start of course with what I don't like or what I suggest to work on.

The first thing that caught my eye was that header and posts entrys are not aligned to each other. For example the navigation and the header title or the navigation and the post entries. Everything starts from the left side on a different point. That does not look good in my eyes.

I suggest to put the Rss elements on the right side of the upper navigation element where you have about and contact. If somebody is using your theme and have more than 5 categories or page links he will get in trouble with the rss elements. And btw make it contact and not contact me...sometime more that one person is using a blog and it just looks better.

Align the search element in the header same as the sidebar.

A centered title, author and tags will look awful with longer titles and lots of tags. I usually like the tags rather in the post footer, cause they attract people to fast to click them and go somewhere else instead of reading the post.

On the post page (single.php) you have tags under the post title and in the post footer...get rid of one.

Too much gradients for my taste. One color would probably look more professional. maybe you try the top color of your gradient as background-color and white as post and sidebar color. maybe also opposite. But that is anyway a taste issue.

What I do like is the generally choice of color and how you put that together with the upper navigation bar where about and contact is included. Also the hoover effects are well done.

The nested comments if you reply are good too.

All this are suggestions. What you will do in the end is of course still up to you. I hope you don't take anything said the wrong way.

Last edited:

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Text looks huge on my desktop. Other than that, I like it! Good luck!

whizynix02

Reaction score
hmmm you have a nice layout :) ...

i agree with the fonts... its too big... you can reduce it a little more... :)

Add a little more color... that could attract people to read it...
If you have time... ad some icons on every module like on the archive, tags, recent posts and etc........

hope this help you..

mjserv

Reaction score
Nice Temp, Like the color and content targeted to the specific audience and the font size helps to see what you are reading.

shug027

Reaction score
Seems I'm the exception, but I actually quite like the large text.. Not a fan of the little arrows below 'about' and 'contact' though - looks a little unbalanced.

bdbod1

Reaction score
Nice, clean and simple. Well done.

The only thing I didn't like is that footer gradient. I recommend you make it 100% wide and flat color (usually people use darker one to visually separate it from the rest of the page).

I am also agree with levithon,

You need to change your footer gradient.

sajid213

Reaction score
well, everything looks fine. nice work. just decrease the text size a bit and it will look better