ltmoon

Reaction score
Free or paid, or free yet hoping users will upgrade to paid, services NEED to perform, period!

x10 hosting is currently failing to provide quality service regardless of the user's payment level. The past week or so has been terrible! Half the time I check my websites they are offline. This type of performance does not meet standards for paid hosting, and such poor service does not encourage "free" members to upgrade their accounts to paid services.

Also, there is a huge problem here at x10 and with these forums in providing adequate, correct, and truthful notifications about system issues. Nor is there a single reliable place for users to post their questions, issues and complaints without resorting to inundating support with redundant tickets about community wide service issues.

zen-r

Reaction score
Paid service is on different servers & has 99.9% uptime (apparently).

The forums & Account Panel are already being re-designed. If you read the News you should know this.

You should also know about the Knowledge Base.

Edit :

It seems you aren't too good at reading the rules or understanding what's going on.

I remember when you spammed every 2 weeks, because you thought you had to post - even though you were clearly told at sign-up & again later on, that you just needed to log-in to the forums. Examples ;

http://forums.x10hosting.com/off-topic/96703-weekly-check.html#post534538

http://forums.x10hosting.com/off-topic/68940-biggest-social-group-x10-8.html#post536740

Last edited:

ltmoon

Reaction score
I spammed no one!
Least of all you!!
Not only can you not read, you cannot comprehend.
Remove the "zen" from your name,
being unable to comprehend you are not worthy.

zen-r

Reaction score
Starting a new thread to say

weekly check-in

just keeping my account alive

is spam

so is posting the following totally off-topic post in a Social Group thread;

I came
I saw
I am good for a couple more weeks

this whole exercise makes no sense

See my above post for links.

Last edited:

vpr2go

Reaction score
starting a new thread to say

quote:
Weekly check-in

just keeping my account alive
is spam

so is posting the following totally off-topic post in a social group thread;

quote:
I came
i saw
i am good for a couple more weeks

this whole exercise makes no sense
see my above post for links.

right on zen!!!!!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Paid service is on different servers & has 99.9% uptime (apparently).

Just popping in to confirm that, haven't had my site down all august (or july, or june, or may, although I had a glitch in april that was my own screwup).

That being said, no one's forcing anyone to stick around for the free service - if you don't like it, feel free to pack up and head somewhere else. No skin off our backs, as the saying goes.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
...my paid sites with x10 never had downtime, and I have been with x10 for a couple years.
Edit:
Wipee I am an elder on x10 now, I think...

Last edited:

lhyman

Reaction score
what happened to forums search, none of the new people seem to know how to use it...

Itmoon -> does your ISP offer hosting, why don't you go ask them how much it cost and what their uptime is?

Also, if you want free hosting with 100% uptime, maybe you should start to think about hosting your own web server, again, call up your ISP and ask them if you are allowed to do that first (make sure you have the right kind of connection). Then search google and find out how to do and last but not least, buy a dedicated server and make sure it is on all the time...

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but if 100% uptime is important to you, then research it before you talk !

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't know why your site has been going down, but if you have been on Lotus, that server has practically been online with no issues all summer. It had some issues last week but that was quickly corrected. If you're not on Lotus though, then I can't vouch for uptime.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
The only problem I had during the whole summer, was a DDoS attack that was taken contained in 2 hours and resolved 4 hours after that. Don't tell that that isn't good service, even for a free account!

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
[rant]
I love how people exaggerate... the average uptime for the free servers for the past 30 days which includes today is 98.34%, monitored from an external source not affiliated with us at 1 minute intervals. For a free service I find this completely acceptable, honestly I would say 95%+ for free hosting is great considering the amount of abuse we deal with on a daily basis. If you want 99.9%, upgrade to paid. We also have a server alerts section that we post in when there are issues, it's pretty close to the top of the forums... you should find today's issue in it.

Secondly... I'm really sick of people demanding things and telling us how we should run the business. I can't tell you how many voicemails I've received (I've taken the 888 # off the top of the main page) saying it's "BS" that we don't call free hosting customers back or pick up the phone for them. I'm sorry, but we owe you nothing... this service is here for free because it's something we like to do. I could easily take all the money we spend on free hosting --which is a lot-- and put it towards advertising our paid services. It's like driving... having your license is a privilege, not a right. Having a free hosting account is a privilege we afford you, it is not a right and you have NO right to tell us how to do things.

Also, if you hit report on this thread one more time I'm banning you from the forums. Just because you make ridiculous claims and people dispute them you have no right to claim harassment. What do you think would happen coming on the forums and lying? People would support you?

[/rant]

zen-r

Reaction score
[rant]
I love how people exaggerate... the average uptime for the free servers for the past 30 days which includes today is 98.34%, monitored from an external source not affiliated with us at 1 minute intervals. For a free service I find this completely acceptable, honestly I would say 95%+ for free hosting is great considering the amount of abuse we deal with on a daily basis. If you want 99.9%, upgrade to paid. We also have a server alerts section that we post in when there are issues, it's pretty close to the top of the forums... you should find today's issue in it.

Secondly... I'm really sick of people demanding things and telling us how we should run the business. I can't tell you how many voicemails I've received (I've taken the 888 # off the top of the main page) saying it's "BS" that we don't call free hosting customers back or pick up the phone for them. I'm sorry, but we owe you nothing... this service is here for free because it's something we like to do. I could easily take all the money we spend on free hosting --which is a lot-- and put it towards advertising our paid services. It's like driving... having your license is a privilege, not a right. Having a free hosting account is a privilege we afford you, it is not a right and you have NO right to tell us how to do things.

Also, if you hit report on this thread one more time I'm banning you from the forums. Just because you make ridiculous claims and people dispute them you have no right to claim harassment. What do you think would happen coming on the forums and lying? People would support you?

[/rant]

Hehe - It feels good to get things off one's chest, doesn't it?!!

Now, I don't want to rub salt in the wound (well, maybe just a little ;) ) - but we should be careful what we say here. After all, x10 is in a relationship with ltmoon, & he's threatening to re-evaluate it! ;

http://forums.x10hosting.com/off-topic/100848-your-sites-longest-downtime-x10-2.html#post570788