file linking

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdusmanasim

Reaction score
Hello People,
How do I link files which are stored in my folder such as ftp folder or any other folder to my site. I want to link the files which are stored in my hosting folder to my site but how do i know What is the link. Please tell me as I am new to web hosting.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
you access those files you put in the public_html folder from your domain, which you chose when you signed up

mdusmanasim

Reaction score
Yeah but how do I link it on my webiste. What should i do to create a hyperlink of the file in my website. Please help.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Just to build on what Joshua203 was saying, all links are relative to your public_html folder. So yoursite.com/file.txt is linked to /home/USER/public_html/file.txt and yoursite.com/folder/file.txt is linked to /home/USER/public_html/folder/file.txt

There are ways to change how this works, but that's a more advanced topic :)

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah but how do I link it on my webiste. What should i do to create a hyperlink of the file in my website. Please help.
Yes, a hyperlink is the way to go normally and the html code has been posted above. ^

If you are using a CMS such as Joomla or a forum system such as phpBB, you could create a menu item with the link in.

Status
Not open for further replies.