Firefox 4 is released!

chanh.ong25

Reaction score
After a few week of using FF4, the load time is getting like before and the performance is not that great. It is not improved in this area. It interface has a big face lift but the robustness has not improved.

FF4 should be able to isolate each tab from one others not freeze the whole browser when one of the tab is loading of having problem.

It is disappointing to say the least!

stardom

Reaction score
It kept crashing on me...even loading a blank page...so i dumped it and went back to 3.6.16.

FrozenTime

Reaction score
I like the new Firefox, but mostly because I like Chrome. It basically has the same layout now, and the fact that Firefox has more addons I like makes it preferable over Chrome.

edyel190

Reaction score
Good improvements was made in this version of firefox.

I never tried the beta one due I'm not such a tester guy and I like only the stable releases.

I like the "group your tabs", also "the pin as tab" option.

Sad thing: html5 support is not the best.

FF4 should be able to isolate each tab from one others not freeze the whole browser when one of the tab is loading of having problem.
+1

Last edited:

essxlad24

Reaction score
Firefox 4 beta for the win. I love Firefox and it's great to see it grow and improve each day.

teeyo985

Reaction score
i heared about that version, and after reading your post, i'm now downloading it ! thanks !

maillaoav35

Reaction score
I found Mozilla Firefox 6.0 alpha 1 released
Mozilla Firefox 6 - faster, more secure, easier to use and sporting a new look, this latest Firefox release sets a new standard for web browser innovation. Mozilla Firefox project (formerly Firebird, which was formerly Phoenix) is a redesign of Mozilla's browser component, written using the XUL user interface language and designed to be cross-platform. It is small, fast and easy to use, and offers many advantages over other web browsers, such as the tabbed browsing and the ability to block pop-up windows. Firefox has the most ways to customize your online experience specifically for the way you use the web.

What makes Firefox different? Most importantly, we’re open. That means anyone around the world (and we have thousands of experts watching our back) is able to look into our code and find any potential weak spots in our armor. And when we hear about a problem, we roll up our sleeves and get to work fixing it right away. It’s in your best interest (and ours) to take care of the issue, even if it means admitting we’re a little less than perfect.

Download:
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/n...ntral/firefox-6.0a1.en-US.win32.installer.exe

theislandcrew

Reaction score
Firefox 4 is faster than Firefox 3.6 due to the addition of an improved JS engine and hardware acceleration support. In this release, Mozilla did not prioritise speed but stability and compatibility and new technologies seen in Internet Explorer 9. Their release cycle has also been fed steroid to mimic that of Chrome. Firefox 5 is slated to be out in June or July this year.

As far as speed goes, Chrome remains the winner. In some tests, IE9 manages to come out on top. These two browsers, however, are not as customisable as Firefox. That means Firefox 4 users require its extensive add-on library, full customisation and guaranteed website compatibility and see speed as secondary.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I liked google chrome, but found for some reason it didn't work properly with htpasswd user authentication. I'm very happy with firefox 4 though. Been with firefox for quite a while now.

Darkmere

Reaction score
I am using the Firefox Browser only..It's Good and fast one...I have checked the speed at here
Ip-details.com it's Good speed..My uploading and Downloading is Good,surfing using the Firefox 4 is fast.It consists more add-ons,it has Download manager....So it's best one.

A web browser cannot speed your Internet connection up ... just not possible. The speed is controlled by your line equipment and the service in which you subscribe to. The speed you see is Render Speed

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Firefox 6 is out now...