firefox 4 more like chrome

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
Did you tried that?I read in mozilla blog it will have ribbion menu like microsoft office and GUI will be optimized for windows 7.Is it true?

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
It looks exactly like Firefox 3.6 on a Mac, we're still waiting to get the new tabs-on-top GUI. I haven't noticed any significant speed bumps, certainly not enough to tempt me away from WebKit based browsers.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
looks nice, but I still like the way my firefox looks like better than that:

Untitled-49.png

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
Thanks for the image.

Latest opera looks same.Yesterday I installed some addons in firefox 3.6.3 in my ubuntu machine.One thing I noticed that it needs the internet connection to check compatibity to install addons.I was able to install only one addon called xmarks offline.Others like webmaster toolbar, user agent switcher, live http headers, modify headers and xhtml mobile profile were not installed offline and after connecting net the only addon, I was not able to install was wbmp viewer, because it is uncompatible.
I have noticed that whenever a new firefox version is launched by Mozilla, it lacks support for some addnos, which added later using compatibility updates by Mozilla itself or by the authors of addons.So this should not be a beta issue, developers would be already modifying their addons to support this browser, so untill the RC version they can fully support it.

paint2010

Reaction score
I can't believe it. The clean style of Google Chrome and an awesome browser... together? The world really is ending. I just hope it doesn't lag like Google Chrome. I can't wait to see what else they change.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
It looks like many of the major browsers are following Chrome's design path. Safari 4 Beta had top tabs and Chrome's two menu icon buttons, but removed this in the final version. Opera always had top tabs but was the first to offer the Opera Button. Firefox then followed by adding top tabs and the Firefox button.

Firefox 4.0 Beta 1 includes Windows 7 Jumplist Support (Tasks - New Window, New Tab, New Private Window), Download Progress Overlay on the taskbar icon (similar to Opera and IE), and the previously available Thumbnail Tabs on the taskbar (similar to IE).

meskarune

Reaction score
I like opera browser and midori the best. (midori is webkit based) I really like webkit, its fast and lightweight. But there is a bug where the program using web kit will lock up if you right click with the mouse, and its driving me nuts! Even so, midori is still my main browser.

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
Tried it in ubuntu using a launchpad ppa, it looks same like firefox 3.6.While opera and google chrome looks same as they are in windows.

Last edited:

patriotseminar72

Reaction score
I think it will take me some time to get used to the new firefox interface, but it is a good plan. I like simpler and more elegant. And it removes some of the things i generally dont use like the entire bar with File, Edit, View etc.

frankpee

Reaction score
Sounds like a right pain. I like Firefox the way it is. I'll probably not update until I absolutely have to. I used Firefox 2.x way into the 3.x cycle. I finally changed at 3.5 when add-ons became available to make 3.x behave more like 2.x.

I remember the Mozilla developers' response to AWESOME BAR hostility. They castigated the users for preferring an "inferior way of working"! Rather than produce what is wanted, they seek to dictate what they think is better. This is wrong-headed and arrogant. As a long-time user, I will tell you that the best course for Firefox is to keep the exact same appearance and behavior of the current browser while limiting fixes to security and memory leaks and other behind-the-scenes stuff.

Doan

Reaction score
Wow YAY Clean firefox FTW I only use chrome because its clean. But now since firefox is getting to that point. *switches back*