firefox

swirly

Reaction score
No, describe the troubles so we might be able to help.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Just to note that firefox uses the -MOZ- prefix and Safari/Chrome use the -WEBKIT- prefix. So if a website uses a style command prefixed with -webkit- and not -moz-, Mozilla Firefox won't be able to see it the same.

Darkmere

Reaction score
Addons if I recall work by a version number in one of their main files. You can change that number with a text editor to reflect the browser version to get them working again. You would just have to google what file to change

theone48

Reaction score
I've heard complaints about firefox being not a secure browser, but other than that, have no idea.

rolandr

Reaction score
I like FireFox. Here at my public library, patrons have to log on with their user IDs and passwords. The forum comes up fine in IE but not in FireFox. It used to.

So I'm on Ubuntu using FireFox trying to log on the the public library WiFI system and the librarian cannot help me because Ubuntu looks too foreigner to her.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, every time I update Firefox there are usually addons that are incompatible which is annoying. My antivirus toolbar doesn't work in Chrome, but it can still pick up whether I'm browsing an unsafe website and highlights nasty google results so I still think Chrome is the best.

Last edited:

akmark500072

Reaction score
Just to note that firefox uses the -MOZ- prefix and Safari/Chrome use the -WEBKIT- prefix. So if a website uses a style command prefixed with -webkit- and not -moz-, Mozilla Firefox won't be able to see it the same.

So, what is the solution... My website is not displaying the updates to it unless I switch to the Internet Explorer Browser. I have been using the Firefox Browser with no website display issues utilizing another webhost.
>
>
>
After submitting a support ticket...

The issue is usually related to caching; on first view, the browser saves a local copy for faster loading later. If the browser doesn't check if the page has been updated, it doesn't download a new version to display, and just shows the old one. Switching browsers works because each browser stores its cache differently.

For testing purposes if you need to forcefully clear the cache, firefox/IE usually use the control+f5 method - f5 alone is refresh, but holding control also tells it to ignore the cache.

Last edited: