flash drives

componentwarehouse

Reaction score
I have a flash disk with 1GB though I'm hoping to buy an external HDD with around 120GB so I can store everything I need.

External disks are the way to go at the moment. When you can get a 128GB flash drive I might change my mind, but surely 1.8 inches isnt too big to carry around? Its not as if you need to take it everywhere anyway.

Alex

Zangetsu

Reaction score
one freecom 2GB usb drive with linux on it :D

and one big butt 500gb external hdd drive

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Just as an update, recently I bought myself a 4GB Cruiser Micro for $15. So now, I have 4GB + 64MB + 64MB + 256MB flash drives.

Last edited:
T

themasterrocker

I have a 1GB pen drive. I use it alot! For simple things like storing some music although i have more than 1GB of music lol. In total i have 5GB of music. I also use it for work and things like that

charithjperera

Reaction score
External disks are the way to go at the moment. When you can get a 128GB flash drive I might change my mind, but surely 1.8 inches isnt too big to carry around? Its not as if you need to take it everywhere anyway.

I would have agreed with you but flash drives are so much more durable than hard drives. Ive had a 2.5" HDD and after about 6 months it makes a clicking sound and takes a while to actually spin up.

Flash drives on the other hand seem to live forever (unless ofcourse if you do something terrible to it)

Also, why would the write cycles be an issue when 100,000 is plenty. To use up your entire 4 GB drive it would take about half a year of constant reading and writing :p