Flash vs Dreamweaver

walidno1

Reaction score
Ok, Im not good with HTML or PhP or Ajax or any programming language. I know a little about flash and I can use dreamweave fine. Now I am not sure whether I should use flash CS4 or Dreamweaver ( I already bought both the softwares). Btw, let me add that I plan my site would have a home page totally running Flash but the other pages will be normal HTML with Flash buttons.

Also, I want to make my site a bit interactive with dynamic tables and also a member login page. Which language should I learn. (PS: I am not very good with programming even for a newbie :(
Edit:
guys anyhoot??

Last edited:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Flash and Dreamweaver are two completely different development tools meant for doing completely different things. How can I answer your question then :dunno:

P.S. I don't recommend you use Flash buttons for main menu.

Last edited:

walidno1

Reaction score
Flash and Dreamweaver are two completely different development tools meant for doing completely different things. How can I answer your question then :dunno:

P.S. I don't recommend you use Flash buttons for main menu.

ok, no flash button for main menu (as in the navigation bar)?? which should I use then??

rspk13

Reaction score
Keep in mind also that not all browsers / operating systems support Flash.

apoorav

Reaction score
Flash and Dreamweaver are two completely different development tools meant for doing completely different things.:nuts:

screamer

Reaction score
It's an easy answer, Use Dream for building your site and Flash to add pizzazz.
Overdoing Flash elements is not recommended.
Flash doesn't make anything but swf's as far as I know so is useless for making a site.
Good question about the coding language. There seems to be a lot of choice out there!

miguelkp

Reaction score
screamer said:
It's an easy answer, Use Dream for building your site and Flash to add pizzazz.
Overdoing Flash elements is not recommended.
Flash doesn't make anything but swf's as far as I know so is useless for making a site.
Good question about the coding language. There seems to be a lot of choice out there!

Well, Flash is not as useless for making a whole site. But it's true that is not a good idea make a site only with Flash.
One of the main problems is that SEO's just can't 'read' the Flash content. Unless your website is mainly static (in wich case, you would use the HTML metatag 'keywords'), is a quite bad idea.

I can speak with full knowledge of the facts because my website were previously made this way XD (almost only Flash). I made this way because I need to keep the MP3 player always playing. But now I learnt another (better for me) way to make it :)

walidno1 said:
Also, I want to make my site a bit interactive with dynamic tables and also a member login page. Which language should I learn. (PS: I am not very good with programming even for a newbie :(
Edit:
guys anyhoot??

Let's say that PHP+MySQL is the languages/tools you need. But if you say you are not very good with programming... :sad: I'm sure you will find it a bit complicated.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You can use Flash for making a full website or even better, web app. Now there is Adobe Flex that makes it possible but I doubt you'll start making web apps with your programming experience.

On the other hand, if you are not good at programming but still want to make a website, why don't you use some Content Management System (CMS). They are easy to learn and powerful enough, and best of all, almost always free. Here's a handy list of the most popular free ones:

Joomla! - http://www.joomla.org/
Drupal - http://drupal.org/
WordPress - http://wordpress.org/

With a nice (free) template you'll be able to setup your site in no-time ;)

walidno1

Reaction score
Thanx...........neway I was going through some sites and I found that adding metadata will cancel the problems with Flash and SEO.....any hoots??

walidno1

Reaction score
okay guys, do nearly all websites use JavaScript buttons??? What if I use Flash buttons with Metatag (/meta-data)..would that solve the seo problem or is usinf Flash a real dud!?

(well, wud really appreciate if u cud answer this as I wud then start learning how to make javascript buttons asap) :D

thanx again m8s