Forbidden You don't have permission to access this resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarbiebabe69

Reaction score
I try to access the website where I have pictures posted, and I receive this error message:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.

Kindly advise.

mycoo368

Reaction score
A friend of mine had the same issue and we found out it was because an index page did not exist. Do you have an index.html or index.php?

Zarbiebabe69

Reaction score
A friend of mine had the same issue and we found out it was because an index page did not exist. Do you have an index.html or index.php?
I am not sure how to make an index.html or index.php page. I use to login to the c-panel, then upload the pictures into file folders. Any suggestions?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That's actually not to hard, but as I understand you have a bunch of images in that folder and you were previously able to view them in a Index of/ type scenario? If so create an .htaccess in the folder you want to view, if there isn't one already, and add this line: Options +Indexes

Otherwise you'd have to make a index.html (or index.php) where you link to each image by code in order to open them

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
As for creating an index.html file, this is basically what you need to put into an empty document named index.html

<html>
<head><title>Page title here</title></head>
<body>Text here</body>
</html>

This would solve the error, but perhaps not show your images. Is there any .html or .php file in that folder?

mycoo368

Reaction score
That's actually not to hard, but as I understand you have a bunch of images in that folder and you were previously able to view them in a Index of/ type scenario? If so create an .htaccess in the folder you want to view, if there isn't one already, and add this line: Options +Indexes

Otherwise you'd have to make a index.html (or index.php) where you link to each image by code in order to open them
That’s what strange about it. It was something cPanel did automatically even if a .htaccess didn’t exist in the subdirectories but it seems with DirectAdmin either an index needs to exist or it needs to be manually defined in the .htaccess file

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That is because in the config of directadmin it is turned off by default whereas cpanel had them on by default. It is something you can configure serverwide as well as per account using .htaccess.

Zarbiebabe69

Reaction score
As for creating an index.html file, this is basically what you need to put into an empty document named index.html

<html>
<head><title>Page title here</title></head>
<body>Text here</body>
</html>

This would solve the error, but perhaps not show your images. Is there any .html or .php file in that folder?

Hello. This is now showing me text here when I click the website link. http://camp.x10host.com/ Any other suggestions? I am looking for a list of files that is posted on the website. I use to use c-panel.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That would in that case be to use the option of editing/creating a .htaccess file as I mentioned before the post about index.html instead of creating the actual index.html file

Be adviced though that our webspace is not intended as a filehosting service but for creating a website on, and just having the files listed would indeed make it seem like filehosting

Status
Not open for further replies.