Forum not sending out emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKamat

Reaction score
I've tried everything, contacted SMF support. Both my inbox and spam folders are empty! My forum just won't send out any notification emails at all. Even the welcome emails sent to new users on registration are not being sent. SMF redirected me asking me to contact my host. It's a fresh new forum installation. Do you not support PHP Mail? Please help guys!

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Admins have been notified and are investigating this further; there looks to be an issue with the system we use to scan for spam prior to the emails being sent.

PKamat

Reaction score
Admins have been notified and are investigating this further; there looks to be an issue with the system we use to scan for spam prior to the emails being sent.
Thanks! Hope it's resolved soon enough. :)

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The mail system has been restarted; it looks to have queued up all emails for about the last 24hr however, so it may take some time to catch up. You may also suddenly get every test email you attempted in quick succession, but that's just proof it's catching up. If it's still having problems after about 24 hours, let us know and we'll go poke the system again.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
If it's still having problems after about 24 hours, let us know and we'll go poke the system again.

That did not fix my Email issue - that I have had for days now...

I have a PHP test script used for years here at x10hosting and on other host

it sends a Email to the 'from' address - my Gmail, Yahoo - and to my x10hosting Premium account on server s1

the only one I receive - is at the 'from' address (its self)

last test was - Test message from server Level - timestamp Mon Feb 3,2014 09:40:01 EST

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
@bdistler: At some point your email was blacklisted back in September for the Level account; said blacklist has been removed so it should begin working from here forward. I'm not actually sure what caused it though, with it being that far back it's not easy to see.

@jsmegabink97: Yours looks to have done the same, although the reason is a bit more clear. The system is showing a large number of emails being sent, and appears to be sending over 100 in an hour; it may be worth trying to reduce this if possible, as if there's a spike in sent emails it could cause it to get blacklisted again.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
@bdistler: At some point your email was blacklisted back in September for the Level account;...

I gave up - trying to get it off the firewall - back then - and just used the 'from' address for my needs
looks to be sending to my other Email address' now

Thanks

jsmegabink97

Prime Account
Reaction score
@jsmegabink97: Yours looks to have done the same, although the reason is a bit more clear. The system is showing a large number of emails being sent, and appears to be sending over 100 in an hour; it may be worth trying to reduce this if possible, as if there's a spike in sent emails it could cause it to get blacklisted again.

Thanks for getting back to me i will reduce the amount to 50 an hour is that okay?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
50 should be fine; that gives a buffer in case there's a spike.

jsmegabink97

Prime Account
Reaction score
50 should be fine; that gives a buffer in case there's a spike.

Thanks again for replying back buddy...i have set it to 50 now but i don't get any Emails yet...am i still blacklisted or does it take some time to get this working again?

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
You were still in the filter for some reason... I removed you again.

PKamat

Reaction score
Emails are still not being sent out for me... please check your filter? I barely need to send out 50-100/day.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you please provide me with the email addresses you're trying to send to?)(you can PM me or email me)

Status
Not open for further replies.