Forum username change part 3?

ephdeoca15

Reaction score
Is there any chance to have it? I'm annoyed with the number on my username which is not really included in my cPanel's username.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I think you can still use the old username script to change your username to whatever you want:
http://x10hosting.com/forums/changeuser.php

Remember you can only change your username ONCE; you will need to contact a staff member to change it a second time so choose wisely.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
What username are you attempting to change to? Are you sure it isn't already taken?

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
WSoD here, too:

Cache-Control:private
Connection:close
Content-Length:0
Content-Type:text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Date:Tue, 04 Oct 2011 21:44:18 GMT
Pragma:private
Server:LiteSpeed
X-Powered-By:pHP/5.3.6

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
The username change script appears to be broken; other uses reported it as working a couple of weeks ago. Only an admin can fix this, so they can do so if they wish :)

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I tried to change my username a week ago but the system prevented me from changing my username twice. I already had changed it earlier. :p

I think this is a sign that script is somewhat functional.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Per policy, x10hosting does not allow changing of forum usernames, except in exceptional circumstances.

talan85

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if the sign-up process offered me a way to let me choose what forum name I have, instead of it being generated. Although I'm still in the process for my hosting to be activated. Fingers cross that its a good service. ^ ^

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Well you probably chose your email address user (the part before the @) and the forum username is based on that, so it must be easy to remember.