pearljaming

Reaction score
wow! thanks for the info!

They have charged 0,65 euros to my credit card... so its almost free :naughty:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Note: They'll most likely 'authorize' $1 US, this will come off. They do this to make sure the card you enter is valid. As long as you follow the instructions this WILL be free for a year.

Again, remember to cancel the auto renew feature and transfer the domain to the register of your choice by the end of the year so you don't get stuck with their high renewal fees.

irc-nzl

Reaction score
:( Credit card declined .. nevermind .. ill get a mate to try for me
Gud to know of the offer .. Cheers

Dan

Reaction score
Cool!! Thanks for letting us know about this Corey.
Just a shame I don't have a credit card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe I'll pursuade my dad to get one for me.

tondopie

Reaction score
My Dad's card was declined. I will pay 600 credits if someone register one for me (I will also give you a free .info domain for your trouble).

adam4813

Reaction score
To all with no credit card. Go to Walmart of similar store and get a preloaded Visa with $10 on it. You can use this preloaded card to get your domain and then use the rest of the preloaded card to do whatever.

karim2001

Reaction score
Thank you, it's really interesting.
They have send me an EMail with 35$ price, it's normal??

Thank you for choosing Register.com as your Web services provider. Here is confirmation of your order:

Services Term Status Price
blue_bullet.gif
popov212.com 1 year FULFILLED $35.00
Total: $35.00

johnnie

Reaction score
All good here.... worked like a charm... Thank you

Last edited:

andmcg1

Reaction score
Thank you, it's really interesting.
They have send me an EMail with 35$ price, it's normal??

Thank you for choosing Register.com as your Web services provider. Here is confirmation of your order:

Services Term Status Price
blue_bullet.gif
popov212.com 1 year FULFILLED $35.00
Total: $35.00

Yeah, I got the same thing.

Are they going to charge this? I talk to some guy on "Live Help". He claims that that promotional link is only valid for people they send the it to DIRECTLY. But like any help desk guy he had no idea.

He ended up telling me to call the support phone number. I just told him to cancel my account. It's not worth it, I live is Australia. By the time I call up, get through to the right person and complain a bit, it's going to cost more than it would for me to register the domain.

Go daddy does .com, etc for something like $16 US ($18 AU - I love the current exchange rate)

unknownnasa1991

Reaction score
To all with no credit card. Go to Walmart of similar store and get a preloaded Visa with $10 on it. You can use this preloaded card to get your domain and then use the rest of the preloaded card to do whatever.

What do you do in India??? I really have no way without a credit card... Anybody is going to help me?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
This has worked for over 20 people that I know of, using the link posted in this thread. Just be sure when you check out everything is at $0 and remove ANYTHING from the shopping cart that they throw in there as 'extras'

-Corey

andmcg1

Reaction score
Hi Corey,
What did we do wrong? Or is there something that has changed? I removed the "extra - domain parking" so all that was left was the domain registration itself.

All the way through the shopping cart wizard, it told me it was $35 but I kept clicking next, thinking it would add the discount on somewhere. Then after I confirmed it, I got the same e-mail as karim2001.

The initial link I clicked (from the forum post) advertised the 1 year free.

So I'm guessing you didn't get an e-mail with the same invoice?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
No, I'm not sure what was done wrong. I'll try it again right now to make sure it's still active(even though that page says it is).

Our newsletter goes out to 110,000 Emails so I wouldn't be surprised if the offer is over already ;)

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.