Free Domain(Read This)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugbrain_04

Reaction score
I found I had to let scripts run right from the start of the registration process, in order to get it to go through as free. In my case that meant clicking "allow" in my NoScript addon in Firefox. Without doing that, it always showed only the $35 dollar option.

Ah ha! That was exactly what I needed, thanks. I love noscript, but it can cause so much confusion sometimes. On the plus side, I learned that it added a "temporarily allow all scripts this page" option. Handy.

Beautiful, I've got my own domain now. Now all I have to do is figure out how to use it...

igames

Reaction score
hey i would love a free domain, the only problem is the credit card, if anyone could register a domain name for me just pm me, i can give you 550 credits, as that is all that i have.

bluefly

Reaction score
Hey, I just tried to register for a free domain at register.com, but the form required me to fill in an invitation code.

Does anyone have such an invitation code? Can you please post the code or email me if possible?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
It doesn't require a code.

Make sure you're not blocking scripts.

alid1712

Reaction score
just wondering, if you guys don't have any credit card, and wish to ask someone to get it now (for free), but the next 6 months, how are you going to renew it or even transfer it if you guys don't have the credit card.

lets say i could get the domain for you, but whats next?

Something to think about.

zen-r

Reaction score
just wondering, if you guys don't have any credit card, and wish to ask someone to get it now (for free), but the next 6 months, how are you going to renew it or even transfer it if you guys don't have the credit card.

lets say i could get the domain for you, but whats next?

Something to think about.

I covered this point already, earlier in the thread (a few times).

That's the trouble with overly-long threads : nobody reads them & justs posts the same stuff again at the end. Thus they get even longer! ;)

alid1712

Reaction score
Guys, are sure its transferable after 60 days :s I just got my free one year domain..

2lw65o5.png

its states:
"This domain belongs to a bundle and cannot be transfered"

Oh brother, definitely paying US$35 at the end of the service hahaha..

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
They HAVE to let you transfer the domain, it's illegal for them to keep it. They can impose restrictions up to 60 days if I remember correctly (hoping you'll forget). After the 60 days you can move it to anyone else.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.