Free Hosting does NOT support ASP.NET!

nygrenlearning13

Reaction score
Despite the many sites around the web that say X10Hosting Free Web Hosting supports ASP.NET, This is NOT true. The Free X10Hosting accounts do not support ASP.NET. :mad:

I am writing this in the hope that the search engines will pick it up so that developers searching for a free ASP.NET host, can know the truth regarding X10Hosting.

Last edited by a moderator:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm going to move this to feedback and suggestions - it's not our faults, it's the sites around the internet :p

I agree, it'd be good if the other sites updated their info.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Our Plan Comparison page does in fact show that we do not currently support ASP.NET. Before we moved to the current setup of Free Hosting, we did in fact support ASP.NET, so the other sites saying we support ASP.NEt just need to be notified that their information is out of date. Many of them are in fact out of date, so I'm sure they would appreciate the updated information. If I have time later, I might see if I can locate some of these sites and try to update some of their info.

satadru7banerjee11

Reaction score
The free hosing is not supporting full flash sites [.swf ] also . it is saying movie not loaded. but it can support small flash works greatly. :):rolleyes:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
For those who want actual ASP.NET support, well, it's only available on Windows servers. Mono (the framework that allows .NET on non-Win servers) only supports a subset of the .NET Framework (.NET 2.0, some parts of MVC) and has a buggy and incomplete implementation of most of what isn't explicitly covered in the ECMA CLI (that part of the .NET Framework that Microsoft explicitly released as a public standard). I'm not aware of anybody offering truly free Windows hosting -- most of the "free" Windows hosts require you to advertise, either on your site or on Facebook (or a similar site).

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
another waste of time then...
I admit ASP.NET should be removed from the free hosting signup page if someone can be bothered, but you should always do some research. Finding ASP.NET hosting is very hard.