Free Hosting, Double Everything Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

atjohnson

Reaction score
Hi,

I was interested in doubling everything as well as removing the inactivity timer, After I've entered my Cpanel username information, I come to the page where it says Login as existing customer or to fill in the information. I've never bought anything from this website with this account, would I use this account information or should I fill in the information for a new customer account?

Thx,
Alex

Well I've just used new information to purchase a Double Everything, I got to the page from my cPanel page, so I figure it will automatically be linked to that free account. Hopefully everything turns out fine. If someone can let me know how long it takes for it to be credited to my account, That would be great!
Edit:
Anyone have any idea how long it takes for the double everything to be credited to my hosting account?

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
these upgrades are done manually, so as soon as an admin sees the payment has been made it should be taken care of. Time can vary a bit.

atjohnson

Reaction score
Okay,

I understand the community advocate thing, that's pretty cool.. anyway, not sure if anyone was working today.. Payment has been made and withdrawn from our PayPal account as of yesterday.. So I guess I'm just waiting?

Thx
Alex

Order Number: 9135413973
Product/Service: Double EVERYTHING
First Payment Amount: $4.95 USD
Recurring Amount: $0.00 USD
Billing Cycle: One Time

This is a payment receipt for Invoice 6319 sent on 10/24/2009

Due Date: 10/29/2009
Amount Paid: $4.95 USD

Oct 23, 2009 Payment To x10Hosting Completed
-$4.95 USD
x10Hosting - Invoice #6319
$4.95 USD1$4.95 USDSubtotal$4.95 USD[COLOR=#333333 ! important]Total[/COLOR]$4.95 USD

dyllon90

Reaction score
If i buy this for my server, will it make my server faster for accessing mysql and everything? And stuff?

atjohnson

Reaction score
I believe.. since it's not a premium PAID account.. just simply a doubled account.. it will still be hosted on the FREE server.. which i believe is lotus.. which is fairly slow due to all the free accounts that are hosted on it.

At least that's the experience I've had.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
If i buy this for my server, will it make my server faster for accessing mysql and everything? And stuff?

No, the Double Everything package just gives you a greater quantity of features and utilities.

I believe.. since it's not a premium PAID account.. just simply a doubled account.. it will still be hosted on the FREE server.. which i believe is lotus.. which is fairly slow due to all the free accounts that are hosted on it.

At least that's the experience I've had.

All our free servers are pretty fast. The slowness in some servers are likely caused by temporary high server resource usage.

Last edited:

gomarc

Reaction score

No, and that’s because you remain in the same free server as atjohnson and adamparkzer point out.

To move or get to the paid servers, I highly recommend the http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-a...omotional-development-package.html#post172958 for just 20 bucks a year. It’s a terrific deal.

But you better hurry, this offer will expire at the end of the month.

gomarc

Reaction score
So i should get this package?

And my hosting will be ubber fast?

Not sure what your expectations are dyllon90, but I have been very happy with the purchase of this package. No downtimes, with all the cPanel features working great. That has been my experience with the development package.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
So i should get this package?

And my hosting will be ubber fast?

I highly recommend any paid service with x10Hosting. The free hosting here is incredible, but the paid hosting is legendary.

And yes, your hosting will be as fast as the plans for the people who pay monthly rates for paid hosting.

atjohnson

Reaction score
Re: Free Hosting, Double Everything Account 2

Hi,

I haven't seen any change in my site dashboard as far as an increase in webspace available and what-not. I'm not trying to be pushy, I just want to make sure I didn't do anything wrong, or made an error in the process. Since I never used a paid service on this website until a few days ago, I was directed to create a new user account, I assume for 'paid' customers. I know my username for the free account login is atjohnson.. and the lotus login is vertica, for the clients.x10hosting area it's my e-mail address dkablack@gmail.com which was not the same as the one I used for the free account.. Did I make an error or is this okay?

Thanks!!
Alex

Note: By the way I clicked the 'Double Everything' link from the cPanel page of the vertica / atjohnson login... hopefully everything was redirected correctly, that's all I'm trying to make sure of =)

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Re: Free Hosting, Double Everything Account 2

Hi,

I haven't seen any change in my site dashboard as far as an increase in webspace available and what-not. I'm not trying to be pushy, I just want to make sure I didn't do anything wrong, or made an error in the process. Since I never used a paid service on this website until a few days ago, I was directed to create a new user account, I assume for 'paid' customers. I know my username for the free account login is atjohnson.. and the lotus login is vertica, for the clients.x10hosting area it's my e-mail address dkablack@gmail.com which was not the same as the one I used for the free account.. Did I make an error or is this okay?

Thanks!!
Alex

Note: By the way I clicked the 'Double Everything' link from the cPanel page of the vertica / atjohnson login... hopefully everything was redirected correctly, that's all I'm trying to make sure of =)

I just checked your account information and it seems like the upgrade hasn't been applied yet.

What did you use to make your purchase? If you used a credit card or Paypal, could you check and see if the $4.95 for Double Everything was already subtracted from your account? If it shows that you were already charged by x10Hosting, then you know that you did everything correctly, and that an Adminstrator will be upgrading your account soon.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll escalate and place this with administration. That should speed the process up.

Status
Not open for further replies.