Free Hosting Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

nimeshkas34

Reaction score
somebody plz help me.........
Whats wrong with the time on starka server??? It always shows errors because of the server time. Nobody can log into the site. Plz do something . Thank you all

citechforum37

Reaction score
somebody plz help me.........
Whats wrong with the time on starka server??? It always shows errors because of the server time. Nobody can log into the site. Plz do something . Thank you all
I think its better if you just open a support ticket or something.
Anyways, I had this problem with my Joomla! site.. Fixed it by just re-selecting the timezone(in Global Configuration) & saving it.(More like "refreshing" the timezone, I think)

Edit:
About the speed of my website... Well, I think its become kinda slow... :(
But its really ok.. I think they are just being fixed or w/e :-D

Last edited:

denzil

Reaction score
My website on stoli is still giving 500 internal server errors.

Thanx for the efforts guys.

carbon--62

Reaction score
I don't understand why my website is not working!
Everytime I try to visit it http://gta-roleplay.co.be/ it just gives me this error "Oops! Internet Explorer could not find gta-roleplay.co.be" that started hapenning yesterday afternoon...
Please I would really apreciate if you could help me out, has today I'm opening a sa-mp server and need the foruns online...
Thanks in advance!

PS: I'm using server chopin

Last edited:

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
server boru

at
http://realhandydata.x10hosting.com/

see
The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later.

from time to time see
Warning: fopen(hits_counter.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/bdistler/public_html/hits_counter.php on line 44

and from time to time page will load

=========================

cPanel
http://boru.x10hosting.com:2082/login/

see but can still login
Login Attempt Failed! Invalid username specified - Login Invalid username specified - Login

Last edited:

FrozenTime

Reaction score
Everything is working fine again, except that all the pages load a lot slower than it did before (I'm on the Boru server). I used a speed test software (http://www.vertain.com/?sst) and got an average of "7.34 sec" compared to when it was around 2-3 secs before. Maybe there's just more traffic on other sites on the server today, hopefully.

After waiting a day, Boru Server seems a lot slower than it was yesterday, and some parts of the pages won't load at all (cleared cache, and everything too)... It's now slower than the other free webhosts. Are we back to the old servers or do we have new ones? The old ones were working perfectly imo. ='( I guess this really did turn out to be a nightmare lol. Hope it gets fixed sooner or later.

rafael100011

Prime Account
Reaction score
Stoli is slow too with some errors 500...
My visitors and members don't go anymore to my forum :-(

Last edited:

FrozenTime

Reaction score
Also regarding the loading speed of Boru, it seems to have sped up compared to when I made my previous post, but... I did get all the files to load by clearing the cache from the site. When checking the sites on other servers, they seem to load extremely fast, but the boru server... (I checked my friend's site, who is also on the Boru server, and it's just as slow as mine). (Speaking of Boru, it would be nice if the security certificate could be updated) I just want to know if there's any plans to fix this. Thanks in advance.

server boru

at
http://realhandydata.x10hosting.com/

see

from time to time see

and from time to time page will load

=========================

cPanel
http://boru.x10hosting.com:2082/login/

see but can still login

I had the same problem too (boru). Those are permission errors which are caused by chmods of some files. I think the server migration might have either reset the permissions of files, or caused the host or server to have less access to the files so you have (meaning you have to make the files more accessible). Try changing them around and it should work again (I had to change some files to 644).

Last edited:

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I had the same problem too (boru). Those are permission errors which are caused by chmods of some files. I think the server migration might have either reset the permissions of files, or caused the host or server to have less access to the files so you have (meaning you have to make the files more accessible). Try changing them around and it should work again (I had to change some files to 644).

Thanks
However the server that run the script is not the same as the one that the script saves files on ( I think)

all files are set to prems 644 and folders are set to prems 755 - just check one more time

akhomraven18

Reaction score
Hello there,

The Boru server is up for hours but I cant see the MySQL server online !!

Wish the database will get online soon

Thanks. :rolleyes:

FrozenTime

Reaction score
Thanks
However the server that run the script is not the same as the one that the script saves files on ( I think)

all files are set to prems 644 and folders are set to prems 755 - just check one more time

Hmm, try 755 or 777 for hits_counter.php or x10_boru_hits.txt
If those don't work, I think I might have had a similar problem before. Do you have anything related to Session IDs in your index page? Those are all supposed to go at the very beginning of your php page. That means even before the Doc type or HTML tags.

mgrahame

Reaction score
MySQL appears to be up and running (no issues connecting from my php pages) but I can't connect to it through cPanel (boru). phpMyAdmin returns a "#2002 Cannot log in to the MySQL server", and in MySQL Databases it's telling me "The MySQL® server is currently offline". I'm not seeing any issues with speed, if anything things do appear to be loading up faster.

Thanks for the great service you provide, looking forward to any more updates you can provide.

quickmanx262

Reaction score
As has been mentioned quite a few times in this thread, it would appear that Stoli is having some issues. They don't seem to be all too critical, and in most cases, it's just a matter of waiting, but both my main website and my forums will be on the blink every now and again, typically resulting in either a 500 error or displaying a "The page is temporarily unavailable" page. A refresh will normally quell the 500 error, but the temporarily unavailable page normally takes two or three very slow refreshes.

I'm very appreciative of the work done to ensure the uptime of Stoli and the other servers, and even hindered functionality is better than no functionality, so I'm more than happy to wait for full uptime again.

shortwod

Reaction score
My site is on boru my datebase was work now it is not. When i go to my site i get a Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php. so is the mysql sever down now?

FrozenTime

Reaction score
Ok, so I wasn't getting the cgi-sys page error before, but I'm getting it now. That's weird. I've cleared everything possible from my browser, restarted them, etc and I'm still getting the error. I've even repeated that for 2 other browsers :/ I asked a few other people to visit the site, and they told me that it won't load at all (default firefox can't find the server without the error message about cgi).

My site is on boru my datebase was work now it is not. When i go to my site i get a Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php. so is the mysql sever down now?

Are you using phpbb forums too? If so, the Cache folder's permission is supposed to be 777, and you're supposed to delete all the files inside the cache folder except for index.htm and .htaccess (easiest to do with FTP). The Cache will then repopulate itself when you visit the forums again, but I had the clear the cache again from the phpbb Admin CP for everything to work correctly again (Admin CP > Styles > Template > Refresh. Repeat again for Themes and Imagesets). The Admin CP is only accessible after you clear the Cache manually first. If you aren't using phpbb, then I'm not sure, but I got the same exact error message with phpbb.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.