Free Main Domain Name Changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

asklandp

Reaction score
Hello dear authoriseds,

I decide to use x10hosting free service permanently after testing system up to now. So I use the service with my original blog name but I cant change the name or add any new free domain. So, who could help me here about name changing?

I konow that losing data after name changing of main name. Please contact me with private message or conversation manner.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Sakimabear

Reaction score
The forum moderators are not available 24 hrs a day (on call) They do check in multiple times of the day & night. Be assured when the next one is on, they will help you with it.

asklandp

Reaction score
It passed over 24 hours but still waiting for them. Anyway maybe I should leave here, anyway..!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The main domain must be one of the free domains we provide, if you have a custom domain, you'll need to set that as an addon domain or a parked domain.

A custom domain would need to be set up at the registarar to use our name servers, which are ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

asklandp

Reaction score
Yes it is free one from your service. Anna I had sent to you a conversation message about it yesterday for details, but you had not seen it. I chose permanent name for my free domain could you look that message.

Thanks for your help Anna.

nmreiche

Reaction score
I have another question. I have it parked and when you type in the custom domain, it takes you to my "free" page, but is there a way to only see the custom domain name? When it appears in my browser it changes to the free domain. Thanks in advance :)

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
I have another question. I have it parked and when you type in the custom domain, it takes you to my "free" page, but is there a way to only see the custom domain name? When it appears in my browser it changes to the free domain. Thanks in advance :)
1. Get into the habit of starting your own threads instead of hijacking others
2. I see http://nmreichert.x10.mx/ has a Joomla install
3. Exactly what is your problem?

nmreiche

Reaction score
My apologies, seemed silly since my question was directly related, only a little further. I have a custom domain that I parked onto my website. When you type it in, it works great sending you to my x10 page. What I was asking, is there a way to hide the x10.mx in the address bar and have my custom domain displayed instead.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
What you need to do is update your script to reflect the custom domain, many scripts automatically sets up an redirect to lead ALL incoming connections, regardless of what domain they use, to the one configured as the domain in settings.

However related the issue might seem, you should always start your own thread, there's a high risk that your support inquiry could get lost in "chatters" if you just post in someone else's thread.

In this case the issues are completely different, the only common thing is it concerns a domain. The OP wanted is main domain changed, your inquiry regarded a custom domain and how it works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.