Friendica and the PHP command line binary

forevern

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm trying to install an friendica instance. To run cron jobs I need to tell the script the path of the PHP command line binary.

https://x10hosting.com/wiki/Cron_job

This site tells me the path is located at "/usr/bin/php" or "/usr/local/bin/php".
I tried both, but the script tells me it cannot find the command line.

I have the option to this field empty and use external cron jobs but this isn't really a good solution. However, if I leave this field - asking for the binary - empty, the script continues to install, so It seems there is no mistake in the scripts.

So if anybody can give me suggestions on what to do I would be very happy!

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
the PHP binary is located at /usr/local/bin/php

forevern

Reaction score
hmmm really strange, the script says it cannot find the php binary under /usr/local/bin/php

Is somebody here who already installed friendica here?

forevern

Reaction score
I read through the starter documentation of friendica (again) and saw that "register_argc_argv" must be enabled, so that the command line can be used.
After an "print_r(ini_get_all())" command, the output showed me that this variable isn't set ("[register_argc_argv] => [report_memleaks] => 1").

Maybe this is why the script cannot find the command line under "/usr/local/bin/php"
Is it possible to set "register_argc_argv" to 1?

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Hello,

When running the CLI version of PHP (which is what cron jobs use), register_argv_argc is unconditionally enabled regardless of the php.ini setting -- check for the $argc and $argv variables to see what I mean.

The install script for Friendica looks like it has some sort of other check that is failing for some reason. You may wish to contact their support to see if they can provide any additional assistance.