FTP issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

atmossx1

Reaction score
i am encountering issues with my ftp client while trying to install phpbb files to it . it randomly stops and disconnects me from the server until i reconnect. and then wont let me upload any files without diconecting. this happens untill i let it sit for about an hour. can someone please help me?

i dont know if it helps but after i leave the ftp client and go to the site i get this.

Code:
Warning: include(./common.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/atmossx1/public_html/index.php on line 20

Warning: include(./common.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/atmossx1/public_html/index.php on line 20

Warning: include(): Failed opening './common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/atmossx1/public_html/index.php on line 20

Fatal error: Call to a member function session_begin() on a non-object in /home/atmossx1/public_html/index.php on line 24

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That error would likely be due to some files not properly being uploaded, specifically the file common.php seem to have failed.
In the ftp client make sure to have it set to not transfer more then one or two files at a time, there's a limit on how many open concurrent connections you can have. Optionally you can upload the zipped archive and decompress that on the server.
Normally if you get disconnected however the upload would resume where it left off when you reconnect, unless you closed down the ftp client and removed all files from the server before continuing.

gcafex10

Reaction score
I am a friend of
atmossx1
I have been contacted him via skype and watched him work on the site over screen share. It appears that when he try's to connect with filezilla it says 2 many connections open even when he isn't uploading anything. I also checked his settings for FileZilla and it is set to only do 2 transfers at a time. This may be an issue on your end, but i can not be sure as i have not had this issue before.

Status
Not open for further replies.