FTP problem: Too many connections from this IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdw999

Reaction score
So, I connect to my Web site via FileZilla and try to upload an mp4 and it takes quite a long time, it seems. Then, FileZilla seems to come to a complete stop. I break the connection and try again, only to get this "Delaying connection due to previous failed connection attempt".

Anybody else run into this kind of problem? Any insight?
Edit:
Now getting this:

Response: 421 Too many connections (1) from this IP
Error: Could not connect to server

Last edited:

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I am not exactly sure of the answer, but I have read it here a few times. It has something to do with the multiple connections that the FTP client uses.

chejo76

Reaction score
Ok, I’m sorry but English is not my natal language.

I meant that filezilla do not work well with x10 ftp (or maybe with any host at all).

I had the same issues and the same message of "Delaying connection due to previous failed connection attempt".

Asking in the forum about this, someone of the X10 staff suggested me to try FireFTP and it worked just fine.

jdw999

Reaction score
I have had no issues with FileZilla on X10 until now (had an account for a few months now). In fact, it was recommended by one of the admins, back when they used to reply on the free hosting forum.

Starting a ticket seems like a waste of time for the free, ad-free accounts (never heard of anyone having any luck with it, anyhow and my only attempt to do so resulted in thunderous silence).

After I posted, in desperation, I uploaded these files (MPEG-4) via the file manager in the CP. Worked fine. Weird.

chejo76

Reaction score
Starting a ticket seems like a waste of time for the free, ad-free accounts (never heard of anyone having any luck with it, anyhow and my only attempt to do so resulted in thunderous silence).

Totally agree :sad:

pstitch

Reaction score
I have had ftp problems for the past day...yesterday morning it was working...around noon EST it stopped no connection at all. I have two ftp programs WS-FTP Pro and 3D-FTP...neither work....no error messages just no connection. The log simply says...
Finding Host ftp.pstitch.pcriot.com ...
Connecting to 216.245.208.154:21
Connect failure
I also can not access my Cpanel the page load times out....all other sites I visit seem to load normally as does this site. Any ideas? I have opened a support ticket so maybe in a day or two I will get some help...unless it is resolved in the mean time.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Untitled-2-30.jpg

edit>settings>transfers

Last edited:

jdw999

Reaction score
vigge_sWe, I appreciate your attempt at helping here, and a screenshot can be really helpful. Unfortunately, I have no idea what application that is, or what I am supposed to be looking at.

Could you provide a word or two (other than RTFM or something similar?). :)

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
vigge_sWe, I appreciate your attempt at helping here, and a screenshot can be really helpful. Unfortunately, I have no idea what application that is, or what I am supposed to be looking at.

Could you provide a word or two (other than RTFM or something similar?). :)

It's filezilla.

Also, first 3 boxes should be set to 1

Last edited:

WyrGecko

Reaction score
I'm fairly sure that I have the same issue, but it's from uploading too quickly from the cPanel, I think >.<. I feel kind of bad about opening another support ticket, just to ask to kill off the extra connections, heh.

Is there a way for us to terminate the connections ourselves (no access to site/cPanel)? I never got FTP to work, though I'd use a web folder at times then delete it afterwards.
---
On the support for ad-free, I'm an ad-free hosting user, and I've always gotten a prompt response.

jdw999

Reaction score
vigge_sWe, thanks for your prompt reply. Yeah, the interface looks quite different on my OS. :)

WyrGecko, the weird thing is, I have never had this problem before, so did not know whether it was some transient issue with X10, or that something had changed, or what.

Like I say, I uploaded my files using the CPanel file manager and it worked fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.